- small amount crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 2 Good quality steaks fillet or serloin
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- about 2 tablespoons oil for frying
- 1 large glass cabernet wine (or any ½ decent red wine)
- In a heavy frying pan (I use my cast-iron frying pan) over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sear the steaks, for 5 to 6 minutes per side. When the steaks are done to your liking, remove from the pan, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest 5-10 minutes before serving. (Add juices that accumulate from resting steaks to the Sauce).
For the sauce,
Add the wine to the frying pan with all the juice left over from the cooked steak and bring to a boil. Leave the liquid to simmer and reduce and then take it off the. Stir in the butter to the sauce and pour over the steaks just before serving.
For an extra bit of luxury, crumble a little blue cheese on top and allow to melt...