1. Measure and check LENTILS for small stones. Rinse well in sieve. cover with WATER, add BAY LEAVES, a drop of OIL and crumbled STOCK CUBE. Bring to boil and simmer gently, stirring occasionally. Add more liquid if required.
2. Peel ONION and GARLIC cloves. Chop into small pieces.
3. Heat OLIVE OIL in a separate small pan, stir in ONION, GARLIC and CURRY PASTE (can be RED, GREEN or a MIX, or INDIAN - and as pep as you like!). Saute together for a couple of minutes then add to simmering lentils
4. Stir in TURMERIC and simmer gently until cooked (10-15 minutes). Check seasoning.
5. Serve with RICE (Thai fragrant brown or white rice is good!) or BAKED POTATOES and a seasonal vegetable like SPINACH, SEA BEET, CAULIFLOWER, BROCOLLI or CABBAGE.
|Curry Paste (Thai Red Or Green Curry Paste By LOTUS Is Vegan)||1-2 DSP|
|Onion (optional)||1 SMALL|
|Olive Oil||4 TBSP|
|Vegetable (or Tomato)||1 STOCK CUBE|
|Organic Red Lentils||8 OZ|
|Fresh Coriander To Garnish|
* Goes well with ROAST VEGETABLES.
* Mix left-over DAHL and RICE, leave overnight then roll into balls and bake on oiled baking sheet - makes tasty, spicy balls that can be eaten hot or cold with salad.
*Read ingredients of Curry Pastes to ensure Vegan - Thai Pastes often have 'shrimp paste' and Indian 'whey' or 'milk powder'.
* DAHL freezes well.
Chutneys are an amazingly varied array of sweet, tangy or hot condiments. They originally hailed from India as a type of preserve as an alternative to the subcontinent’s scarcity of sugar. Today, ... keep reading
Fabulous example of the grape variety, honeyed lime notes dominate. A pure and delicate bouquet of ripe citrus-lime and blossom aromas. Beautifully balanced with intense flavours, lovely juicy length and a zesty lime finish. Great on it's own or with light fresh food. Buy this wine if you like: Expressive white wines with distinctive character.