1. Put all the ingredients (except meat, onions and red peppers) together into a large pot.
2. Heat on a moderate heat until warm - do not allow to boil.
3. Remove from heat and allow marinade to cool.
(1 kg of meat will make approx. 16 Sosaties)
1. Cut up your lamb or chicken into cubed pieces approx 3 to 4 cm square
2. Thread a meat cube onto skewers alternating a cube of red pepper followed by a cube of onion and then a piece of meat.
3. Continue this process in order until the skewer is full.
4. Place the meat into the pot with the marinade making sure that the sosaties are well covered by the marinade.
5. Leave to marinade for a minimum of 24 hrs.
1. Barbeque (BRAAI) over hot coals for approx. 10 to 15 mins (chicken will take longet to cook).
- If cooking on the BBQ, wait till the coals are grey before you start cooking.