* When choosing the mixed dried fruit, you can use any sort of mixed fruit, chopped dried apricots, cherries, blueberries can be used but they make it a lot sweeter so if used reduce the amount of sugar by an ounce or two
1. Overnight soak 8oz granulated sugar and 1lb mixed dried fruit in ½ pint warm/cold tea
2. Preheat oven to 325°, 170°C (adjust if you have a fan oven)
3. Grease 2 x 1lb loaf tins
4. Stir 1 egg and 2 tbsps thick-cut marmalade into fruit mixture
5. Sift together 8oz plain flour, 8oz wholemeal flour and 4 tsps baking powder. Add to the mixture and add a little milk if too dry to stir
6. Divide mixture between tins and level tops
7. Bake in centre of oven for 1‚½ hours until well risen and cooked through. If the tops are browning too quickly cover the loafs with foil
8. Leave the loaves in the tins to cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and leave to cool. Serve sliced and buttered.
Loaves will improve in flavour if stored for up to 4 weeks in tin
|Thick-cut Marmalade Or Malt Extract||2tbs|
|*Mixed Dried Fruit||1lb|
|Warm/cold Tea||½ Pint|
What the hell is a dinkelbrot? you cry “Well it’s rather similar to a dampfnudel only in that it is a bread. Yes folks in this article we shall explore the rising world of global breads and the ... keep reading
The Baron de Ley winery was founded by a prestigious group of Rioja professionals in 1985. They were quite unique in their approach as they modelled the winery on a Medoc chateaux, which was a pioneering move at that time for producers in the Denominacion de Origen Calificada Rioja. This wine is aged in new oak casks for 20 months prior to resting in the bottle for 2 years before release. It has definite claret qualities; the nose is layered with ripe cherry, toasty oak and a touch of cigar box. Lively, ripe, red fruit with dried tobacco and nutty vanilla overtones, round tannins with an expressive woody finish. Rioja wine can be excellent value for money and has terrific cellaring potential. Buy this wine if you like: Well rounded reds, with soft fruit and toasty character, easy drinking for upfront pleasure.