1. You will need a saucepan with a lid.
2. Roughly chop all the vegetables and crush and peel the garlic.
3. Warm the Olive Oil over a medium heat and then add the vegetables. Cook for a couple of minutes. Stir regularly, do not let the veg colour.
4. Now add the three tins of tomatoes.
5. Stir well, bring to a simmer then place the lid on tightly and gently cook for 25 minutes.
6. The secret of this sauce is to gently cook the tomatoes for 25 minutes. Don't cut this time short, it will taste like tinned tomatoes rather than a rich pasta sauce.
7. Once cooked, blitz the contents, a hand blender is the best tool for this job. Make sure the consitency is smooth.
8. Once finished, add salt and pepper to taste.
9. The finished sauce can be frozen, or used as a base for any pasta dish.
Once you have made this, you will always make it. Try adding oregano!
|Salt And Pepper||To Taste|
|Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon|
If you love scouring Pinterest food boards looking for the most delicious food to inspire you, then this post will have you drooling all the way to the kitchen cupboard. We have found a veritable smor... keep reading
Trapiche is situated in the Mendoza region of Argentina. The winery was established in 1883 and they are well known for producing quality wine at affordable prices. This is a great example of Sauvignon Blanc from the Mendoza region. Fresh aromas of grapefruit, crisp blackcurrant leaf, green pepper and grassy back notes. Buy this wine if you like: Dry whites with lively fruit and fragrant aromatics.