1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C: 400°F: Gas 6.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler.
3. While the chocolate is melting, whisk together the sugar, eggs and egg yolks until light and pale.
4. Pour the melted butter and chocolate over the egg mixture, stir and then fold in the sifted flour and cocoa powder with a metal spoon.
5. Lightly but thoroughly grease four oven proof dishes/ramekins and lightly dust with extra cocoa powder.
6. Divide the chocolate mixture among the dishes.
7. Place the dishes onto an oven proof tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
8. When the outsides are crisp to the touch, carefully turn the puddings out of the moulds onto serving plates.
9. The centre should be still soft and lusciously saucy.
10. Serve with thick cream, creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream.
Raspberries or fruit coulis optional
|Cocoa Powder||1 Tbsp|
|Small Free Range Eggs||2|
|Plain Flour||100g (3½oz)|
|Caster Sugar||55g (2½oz)|
|Dark Chocolate (70%)||125g (4½oz)|
|Unsalted Butter||125g (4½oz)|
|Fresh Cream Creme Fraiche Ice Cream For Serve|
When coffee and alcohol join forces, it’s a match made in heaven!, so here are 8 cocktail recipes that combine espresso, liquor and even liqueur for a cup of pure indulgence. Nothing beats a ... keep reading
Beaumes is famed for its wine made from the Muscat grape. Rich, sweet and luscious with a touch of white flower on the finish. A delicious and subtle dessert wine. Buy this wine if you like: Sweet dessert wines that are lighter in style.