2. Scrub and check CARROTS and SWEDE.
3. Wash LEEKS, CELERY, MUSHROOMS.
4. Peele and slice ONIONS longways and put in large bowl.
5. Cut CARROTS in diagonal pieces (half vertically if big, then slice at an angle - gives an oriental look)and add to bowl.
6. Cut SWEDE in half, leaving skin on and cut into cubes or triangles, add to bowl.
7. Slice CELERY diagonally and mix in with veg in bowl.
8. Cut the white of the LEEKS into 2cm long pieces and slice the green leaves 1 cm thick, keep leeks separate.
9. Cut the MUSHROOMS thickly or into quarters, keep separate to add at last moment.
10. Soak 1/2 pkt of RICE NOODLES in tepid water for 15 minutes.
11. Boil kettle of WATER and transfer to soup pot or large pan. Heat to boiling and add bowl of ONIONS, CARROTS, SWEDES and CELERY.
12. Crumble in two VEGETABLE STOCK CUBES and let simmer for 10 minutes.
13. Add LEEKS and cook for a further 5 minutes then add MUSHROOMS. Cook for another 5 minutes.
14. Drain RICE NOODLES (THAI STICK RICE NOODLES are best because they are wider and don't fall apart so easily - should be available in any Asian food store) add to soup. Simmer for a couple of minutes or until noodles just soft.
15. Add a TBLSP SOY SAUCE, a TSP SEA SALT and some BLACK PEPPER and check seasoning.
16. Serve garnished with chopped SPRING ONIONS, FRESH CORIANDER, sprinkled with CYDER VINEGAR and GARLIC OIL, and a swirl of TAHINI!