2. Scrub and check CARROTS and SWEDE.
3. Wash LEEKS, CELERY, MUSHROOMS.
4. Peele and slice ONIONS longways and put in large bowl.
5. Cut CARROTS in diagonal pieces (half vertically if big, then slice at an angle - gives an oriental look)and add to bowl.
6. Cut SWEDE in half, leaving skin on and cut into cubes or triangles, add to bowl.
7. Slice CELERY diagonally and mix in with veg in bowl.
8. Cut the white of the LEEKS into 2cm long pieces and slice the green leaves 1 cm thick, keep leeks separate.
9. Cut the MUSHROOMS thickly or into quarters, keep separate to add at last moment.
10. Soak 1/2 pkt of RICE NOODLES in tepid water for 15 minutes.
11. Boil kettle of WATER and transfer to soup pot or large pan. Heat to boiling and add bowl of ONIONS, CARROTS, SWEDES and CELERY.
12. Crumble in two VEGETABLE STOCK CUBES and let simmer for 10 minutes.
13. Add LEEKS and cook for a further 5 minutes then add MUSHROOMS. Cook for another 5 minutes.
14. Drain RICE NOODLES (THAI STICK RICE NOODLES are best because they are wider and don't fall apart so easily - should be available in any Asian food store) add to soup. Simmer for a couple of minutes or until noodles just soft.
15. Add a TBLSP SOY SAUCE, a TSP SEA SALT and some BLACK PEPPER and check seasoning.
16. Serve garnished with chopped SPRING ONIONS, FRESH CORIANDER, sprinkled with CYDER VINEGAR and GARLIC OIL, and a swirl of TAHINI!
|Organic Apple Cider Vinegar|
|Kallo Organic Vegetable||2 STOCK CUBES|
|Organic Mushrooms||½ LB|
|Rice Sticks 10mm (Noodles)||½ PKT|
* Keep the lid off at the end of cooking to keep the liquid clear and vegetables brightly coloured.
* Serve topped with fried TOFU CUBES (as in picture) and sprinkle with PARSLEY if coriander not available.
* Use fewer vegetables to make a smaller quantity of soup.
* Use the outer leaves of GREEN CABBAGE, thickly shredded and cooked with mixed vegetables.
* BEAN SPROUTS can be added at last moment (after washing and draining).
* Try adding a touch of CHILLI OIL to pep it up!
* Make your own GARLIC OIL by chopping up 6-8 GARLIC CLOVES and frying them lightly in OLIVE OIL. Pour into a small jar and add more fresh OLIVE OIL.
* If not using all the soup straight away - don't add NOODLES to complete quantity just to the amount required.
Earlier this year the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership released a sobering report that warned of an increasing arable land shortage for feeding our population. In 2030 there will be 7... keep reading
The most favored of all the Beaujolais Cru, Fleurie enjoys a very floral bouquet with a refined, smooth taste. An elegant, beautifully made more-ish red with wild strawberry fruit and a fleshy texture.Buy this wine if you like: Light-bodied red with ripe fruit, perfect slightly chilled on a warm summer afternoon.