1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan very gently. Make sure it doesn't brown or this will affect the flavour and colour.
2. Remove from heat as soon as it's melted. Add cornflour and continue stirring to form a glossy paste, known as a"roux".
3. Return to a gentle heat for 1 min to cook the cornflour, still stirring.
4. Remove from the heat again and add a quarter of the milk and beat vigorously until completely smooth, mixing well with the roux.
5. Return to the heat and add remainder of the milk stirring all the time on a medium heat until the mixture starts to bubble.
6. Add salt and pepper, cheese if needed and use in various dishes.
|Salt And Pepper|
|Cornflour||1 ½ Oz|
What the hell is a dinkelbrot? you cry “Well it’s rather similar to a dampfnudel only in that it is a bread. Yes folks in this article we shall explore the rising world of global breads and the ... keep reading
The nation's favourite tipple in an organic bundle. A great value wine, from Italy's ever popular Pinot Grigio grape. This wine is perfectly balanced with juicy pear and peach notes and soft floral aromas