1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas mark 6.
2. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until very soft.
3. Drain and mash using a ricer or fork. Stir in 50ml milk, 1 egg, salt and pepper and mix well. Spoon the mixture around the sides of a 23 cm/ 9 inch flat pie dish.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Sauté all the mushrooms and spring onions until soft and all the mushroom liquid has been absorbed.
5. Spoon the mushroom mixture into the centre of the potatoes.
6. Mix the remaining milk (150ml), 2 eggs, nutmeg, and salt and pepper together. Pour this batter over the mushrooms. Sprinkle over the grated Parmesan cheese if using.
7. Bake the pie in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes or until the mushroom mixture has set in the centre.
To serve the stylish way: Snip some chives over the top and serve immediately with a green salad.
|Olive Oil||2 Tbsp.|
|Spring Onions- Trimmed And Chopped||10|
|Mushrooms, - Brown Cap, Oyster, Shiitake, Button Cleaned And Sliced||750g|
|Potatoes, Peeled And Roughly Chopped||1.35 Kg|
|Grated Parmesan - Optional||2 Tbsp.|
|Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
A firm structure, underlying fresh cherry fruits, soft tannins and lasting finish.