1. Saute the diced chicken in a large pot with the onion, carrot, celery and parsley.
2. Boil the stock.
3. Preheat the oven to 220ºC (fan 200ºC / gas mark 7).
4. Gently melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and let it bubble for a couple minutes.
5. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, whisking all the time until the sauce thickens.
6. Reduce the heat, stir in the mushrooms and leave to gently simmer for couple of mins. Season to taste.
6. Stir the chicken into the sauce with the parsley.
7. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Place a 1.4l oval pie dish in the centre of the pastry, roughly cut around it.
8. Cut strips of pastry from the pastry remaining around the edges of the dish.
9. Brush the rim of the pie dish and attach the pastry strips to it.
10. Spoon the chicken filling into the dish. Brush the pastry edges with water then lay the pastry on top.
11. Trim the edges, then push them together to seal.
12. Brush the top of the chicken pie all over with beaten egg. Make a steam hole in the centre of the pie. Place on a baking tray and bake for 25 mins or until the pastry is golden brown.
|Chopped Fresh Parsley||3 Tbsp.|
|Plain Flour||3 Tbsp.|
|Stick Of Celery, Sliced||1|
|Chicken Breasts||1.5 Kg|
|Ready-made Puff Pastry||1 Pack|
|Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
|Chicken Stock||600 Ml|
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
Indulge yourself with this lightly spiced, refreshing wine from Alsace