1. Mix yolks well with sugar.
2. Put cream in a double saucepan, bring to scalding point then allow to cool.
3. Pour cream mixture over egg yolk mixture, blending well.
4. Add vanilla essence and then return to the saucepan and thicken carefully over the heat stirring constantly.
TIP - Don't let it boil. You can tell when its ready because the cream mixture will cover and stick to the back of a spoon.
5. Put some raspberries (1 punnet) into a glass bowl and then strain in the cream mixture.
6. Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
7. When cool and set - dust surface with caster sugar (I then found this cooks blow torch which I use to caramelise the sugar - its fab) - Put back into the fridge to cool
|Vanilla Essence||1 Tsp|
|Caster Sugar||1 Tsp (level)|
If you dont have a cook's blow torch then put the creme brulee under the grill to brown - but put it in a dish with ice so you dont cook the custard!
When coffee and alcohol join forces, it’s a match made in heaven!, so here are 8 cocktail recipes that combine espresso, liquor and even liqueur for a cup of pure indulgence. Nothing beats a ... keep reading
Beaumes is famed for its wine made from the Muscat grape. Rich, sweet and luscious with a touch of white flower on the finish. A delicious and subtle dessert wine. Buy this wine if you like: Sweet dessert wines that are lighter in style.