1. Mix yolks well with sugar.
2. Put cream in a double saucepan, bring to scalding point then allow to cool.
3. Pour cream mixture over egg yolk mixture, blending well.
4. Add vanilla essence and then return to the saucepan and thicken carefully over the heat stirring constantly.
TIP - Don't let it boil. You can tell when its ready because the cream mixture will cover and stick to the back of a spoon.
5. Put some raspberries (1 punnet) into a glass bowl and then strain in the cream mixture.
6. Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
7. When cool and set - dust surface with caster sugar (I then found this cooks blow torch which I use to caramelise the sugar - its fab) - Put back into the fridge to cool
|Vanilla Essence||1 Tsp|
|Caster Sugar||1 Tsp (level)|
If you dont have a cook's blow torch then put the creme brulee under the grill to brown - but put it in a dish with ice so you dont cook the custard!
When coffee and alcohol join forces, it’s a match made in heaven!, so here are 8 cocktail recipes that combine espresso, liquor and even liqueur for a cup of pure indulgence. Nothing beats a ... keep reading
Minerally, unoaked with lemon and apple fruit character, delicate and well balanced. Founded in 1859 this label has become the reliable stamp of quality and consistency. The Maconnais is located in the Southern part of Burgundy, close to the famous Cote d'Or a region ideal for growing Chardonnay. Buy this wine if you like: Chardonnay with mineral freshness and delicate friut.