1. If using canned shrimps or prawns make sure you drain off the excess brine in the can. If using fresh COOKED seafood make sure you remove all the shell.
2. Place all cream cheese in food processor or blender.
3. Add the chili, horseradish, lemon juice, dill and garlic to the blender with the cream cheese.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Now add the seafood and blend again until smooth paste is achieved.
6. Now here you may add a little milk or mayonnaise, just enough to make it light and creamy i.e. dip texture.
7. Chill for at least two hours or overnight and serve.
8. Serve with crackers, crisps, raw vegetables e.g. carrots or cucumber, bread or toast. I prefer plain lightly salted crisps myself!
|Garlic Powder||¼ Tsp|
|Fresh Dill||½ Tsp|
|Lemon Juice (fresh)||1 To 2 Tsp|
|Horsradish (optional)||2 Tsp|
|Chili Sauce (optional)||1/3 Cup|
|Soft Cream Cheese||13-4 Oz|
|Shrimps Or Prawns||6 Oz Or 1 Can|
Add a dash of milk to thin out the mixture if necessary or for a creamier richer flavour add a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise.
Replace the shrimp with an equal amount of crab or prawns for an easy alternative.
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
A renowned brand with a very distinctive presence. Lanson Black Label is a Champagne with a powerful, intense freshness. Ideal as an aperitif, with food or just to help you celebrate that special occasion.