1. First make the risotto.
2. Bring the fish stock to the boil in a saucepan and keep it at a simmer.
3. Melt 60g butter in a small saucepan, add the onions and sweat gently for 2 minutes, then add the rice and stir with a spoon. Increase the heat slightly and continue stirring until the rice turns opaque and begins to 'sing'.
4. Pour in the wine, stir once only, then live to cook until 2/3 of the liquid has evaporated.
5. Add 2/3 of the hot fish stock and a little salt. Stir once only and leave to cook for about 12 minutes, adding a little more hot stock if necessary.
6. Check the texture of the rice, it should be very firm, almost crunchy. Add the rest of the stock and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Take the pan off the heat, add the marigolds petal if using, sprinkle the parmesan and stir in the remaining butter (40g). Cover the pan with a lid and leave to stand off the heat for 6-8 minutes.
8. Put the prawns in a saucepan, cover with the cold fish stock and bring to the boil. Immediatly, take the pan off the heat and add the cuttlefish. Cover the pan and leave to stand for 3 minutes.
9. Drain the seafood, reserving the stock, keep the cuttlefish warm. Shell the prawns, reserving the heads and add the cuttlefish.
10. To prepare the crustacean essence, crush the prawn heads with the flag of a large knife. Place them in a small saucepan with the olive oil and colour over a high heat for 3 or 4 minutes.
11. Add the reserved fish stock and whizz in a food processor for 3 minutes. Strain through a fine chinois or muslin-lined sieve set over a small saucepan. Reduce the resulting liquid to a lightly syrupy consistency.
12. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter (10g). Mix 2/3 of the prawns and cuttlefish into the rice.
13. Divide between deep serving plates and arrange the rest of the seafood on the top. Drizzle with a few drops of the reduction to serve.
Have a good meal!
|Cuttlefish Or Baby Squid, Preferably Fresh, Cleaned||24|
|Cold Fish Stock||200ml|
|Raw King Prawns Shell On, Cleaned||18|
|Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper|
|Parmesan, Freshly Grated||40g|
|Dry White Wine||100ml|
|Edible Marigolds (optional)||2|
|Risotto Rice, Preferably Carnaroli||200g|
|Onion, Peeled And Finely Chopped||60g|
|Olive Oil||2 TBSPS|
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
The famous and multi-award winning Nederburg estate has been handcrafting wines for over two centuries. What a great wine this is! Full of fruit flavours