1. Peel and chop the potatoes and onion.
2. In a large pan fry the chopped onion in some butter until golden brown.
3. Add the potato and add water enough to cover and bring to boil & simmer.
4. Open corned beef, break up into pieces add to the simmering potato and onions.
5. Add beef stock cube(s) or a liquid cube (I like the Knorr Stock Pots) to taste.
6. Simmer until potatoes are cooked. You can add other vegetables too I sometimes add carrot, suede or parsnip.
7. Serve in a large deep plate with a generous helping of pickled red cabbage & white sliced bread to mop up the gravy.
|Beef Stock Cube(s)|
|Butter For Frying|
|Water For Boiling|
|Potatoes||4-6 Medium Sized|
|Corned Beef||1 Can (340g)|
This recipe isn't an exact science and can easily be adjusted to personal taste.
I find browning the onions to begin with adds a lot of flavour to the dish.
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
The famous and multi-award winning Nederburg estate has been handcrafting wines for over two centuries.A full bodied wine with ripe fruit.