1. Peel and chop the potatoes and onion.
2. In a large pan fry the chopped onion in some butter until golden brown.
3. Add the potato and add water enough to cover and bring to boil & simmer.
4. Open corned beef, break up into pieces add to the simmering potato and onions.
5. Add beef stock cube(s) or a liquid cube (I like the Knorr Stock Pots) to taste.
6. Simmer until potatoes are cooked. You can add other vegetables too I sometimes add carrot, suede or parsnip.
7. Serve in a large deep plate with a generous helping of pickled red cabbage & white sliced bread to mop up the gravy.
|Beef Stock Cube(s)|
|Butter For Frying|
|Water For Boiling|
|Potatoes||4-6 Medium Sized|
|Corned Beef||1 Can (340g)|
This recipe isn't an exact science and can easily be adjusted to personal taste.
I find browning the onions to begin with adds a lot of flavour to the dish.
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
The nation's favourite tipple in an organic bundle. A great value wine, from Italy's ever popular Pinot Grigio grape. This wine is perfectly balanced with juicy pear and peach notes and soft floral aromas