1. Chop dates into small pieces. Pour 1/2 a pint of boiling water over them. Add bicarbonate of soda and vanilla essence.
2. Cream together granulated sugar, butter, egg and self-raising flour.
3. Stir in date mixture. Pour into tin and bake for 35 mins. at 160C.
4. Mix together brown sugar, margarine and double cream.
5. When ready take cake mixture out of oven and skewer evenly. Pour over toffee mix and bake for another 15 mins.
|Brown Sugar||5 Oz|
|Vanilla Essence||1 Tsp.|
|Bicarbonate Of Soda||1 Tsp.|
|Self Raising Flour||8 Oz|
|Granulated Sugar||6 Oz|
|Double Cream||4 Tbsp.|
Back in 1957, research chemist William Mitchell patented Pop Rocks. And, in 1975 to the amazement of the public, this fizzing, popping and mouth-tingling sensation was introduced in the States. After ... keep reading
Minerally, unoaked with lemon and apple fruit character, delicate and well balanced. Founded in 1859 this label has become the reliable stamp of quality and consistency. The Maconnais is located in the Southern part of Burgundy, close to the famous Cote d'Or a region ideal for growing Chardonnay. Buy this wine if you like: Chardonnay with mineral freshness and delicate friut.