1. Chop dates into small pieces. Pour 1/2 a pint of boiling water over them. Add bicarbonate of soda and vanilla essence.
2. Cream together granulated sugar, butter, egg and self-raising flour.
3. Stir in date mixture. Pour into tin and bake for 35 mins. at 160C.
4. Mix together brown sugar, margarine and double cream.
5. When ready take cake mixture out of oven and skewer evenly. Pour over toffee mix and bake for another 15 mins.
|Brown Sugar||5 Oz|
|Vanilla Essence||1 Tsp.|
|Bicarbonate Of Soda||1 Tsp.|
|Self Raising Flour||8 Oz|
|Granulated Sugar||6 Oz|
|Double Cream||4 Tbsp.|
Back in 1957, research chemist William Mitchell patented Pop Rocks. And, in 1975 to the amazement of the public, this fizzing, popping and mouth-tingling sensation was introduced in the States. After ... keep reading
The nation's favourite tipple in an organic bundle. A great value wine, from Italy's ever popular Pinot Grigio grape. This wine is perfectly balanced with juicy pear and peach notes and soft floral aromas