1. Place the salmon, breadcrumbs, garlic, basil, a tablespoon of olive oil, egg, salt and pepper in a food processor. Turn the processor on to pulsate for 5 seconds till the salmon mixture is well chopped up.
2. Divide the salmon mixture into 16 –20 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
3. Heat the rest of olive oil in a pan. Fry the salmon balls gently for 2-3 minutes without browning.
4. Add in the milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add in the cream cheese, peas and carrot. Simmer for a further 5 minutes till the cream cheese is melted and the salmon balls are cooked through. Season to taste.
5. Boil the pasta in water according to the instruction on the packet. When cooked, drain off the water.
Divide the cooked pasta onto 4 warm plates. Spoon over the salmon balls and cream cheese sauce.
6.Sprinkle with grated cheese. Garnish with a sprig of basil. Enjoy with the family.
|For Cream Cheese Sauce|
|Chopped Basil Leaves||½ Cup|
|Olive Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped Carrots||½ Cup|
|Birds Eye Peas||½ Cup|
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
The famous and multi-award winning Nederburg estate has been handcrafting wines for over two centuries. What a great wine this is! Full of fruit flavours