1. Wash the rice in several changes of water and then leave to soak in a large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
2. In a large pan add plenty of boiling water and add the whole spices and saffron.
3. Drain the rice and add to the pan, stirring well before adding the salt.
4. Stir again and add the vegetable oil.
5. Bring back to the boil and allow to cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes. The rice should have a little bite to it before you remove from the heat and drain the water. Remove the whole spices before serving if you wish.
|Star Anise (optional)||1-2|
|Black Cardamom Pods (optional)||2|
|Green Cardamom Pods||4|
|Vegetable Oil||2 Tablespoons|
|Cumin Seeds||1-2 Teaspoons|
|Saffron||Good Pinch Of|
|Salt, To Taste|
What the hell is a dinkelbrot? you cry “Well it’s rather similar to a dampfnudel only in that it is a bread. Yes folks in this article we shall explore the rising world of global breads and the ... keep reading
The nation's favourite tipple in an organic bundle. A great value wine, from Italy's ever popular Pinot Grigio grape. This wine is perfectly balanced with juicy pear and peach notes and soft floral aromas