1. Lay the peaches cut side up on a baking tray. Drizzle the honey over them.
2. Sprinkle over the cinnamon powder and crushed green cardamom seeds.
3. Top with some raisins and pecans.
4. Bake in a preheated oven (180°C) for 10 minutes or until the peaches have started to soften but still hold their shape.
5. In the meantime make the lemon yoghurt / cream. Mix together the lemon zest and juice with the yogurt or crème fraiche. Taste and add a good pinch of sugar.
6. Serve the peaches sprinkled with gingernuts and a good dollop of lemon yoghurt/ crème and a final garnish of mint.
Anjali’s Tip : This recipe also tastes great with plums and figs.
|Thick Plain Yoghurt Or CrÃ¨me Fraiche||4 Tablespoons|
|Pecans (or Mixed Nuts), Roughly Chopped (optional)||2 Tablespoons|
|Green Cardamom Pods, Seeds Removed And Crushed||4|
|Cinnamon Powder||Good Pinch Of|
|Runny Honey||4 Tablespoons|
|Peaches, Cut Into ½ And Seed Removed||4|
|Lemon||Zest And Juice Of ½|
|Sugar, To Taste|
|Gingernut Biscuits, Roughly Broken Up Into Small Pieces||2|
|Mint, To Garnish|
Chutneys are an amazingly varied array of sweet, tangy or hot condiments. They originally hailed from India as a type of preserve as an alternative to the subcontinent’s scarcity of sugar. Today, ... keep reading
Beaumes is famed for its wine made from the Muscat grape. Rich, sweet and luscious with a touch of white flower on the finish. A delicious and subtle dessert wine. Buy this wine if you like: Sweet dessert wines that are lighter in style.