Kermit Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
- For cupcakes, see my basic cupcake recipe, and make a chocolate version, or use my 'extra special chocolate cupcake' recipe. Of course, any cupcake flavour can be used if you don't want chocolate. Another fun option is to flavour the sponge with mint, and you can even make it green.
If you don't want mint icing, leave out the peppermint and just use green food colouring.
You could make up your own black icing for the eyes, and pipe on with a piping bag or a freezer bag with the corner snipped off.
- 8 plain chocolate sponge cupcakes in paper cases (preferably home-made)
- 40 - 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- 175 g - 200 g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 - 2 tsp hot water
- 2 - 3 drops peppermint extract
- A little green food colouring (paste or gel is best)
- 16 white Mentos or Softmints
- A little black 'writing icing'