1. Shell eggs and cover with sausage meat.
2. Coat with beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
3. Fry in hot oil for 10 minutes. Drain well.
4. Place eggs in a deep casserole with the carrots, onions, tomatoes and herbs.
5. Mix gravy granules and cornflour to a smooth cream with a little of the water. Blend in remaining water and then pour liquid over eggs and vegetables.
6. Cover and cook in the centre of the oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), Gas Mark 4 for 1 hour.
|Mixed Herbs||1 Teaspn.|
|Tomatoes. Quartered||8 Oz.|
|Carrot. Finely Sliced||1|
|Sausage Meat||1 Lb.|
|Hard Boiled Eggs||6|
|Gravy Granules||4 Teaspns.|
Buy sausagemeat which is readily available, rather than skinning sausages.
Hard boil eggs in advance. This helps reduce preparation time.
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
Classy white from the north bank of the Loire with honeyed pear and apple fruit flavours. Produced from very old vines from the Cotes de Vouvray. This is a delicious, medium-dry Chenin Blanc. Lush palate leading to a long, rich finish. Terrific value, this wine is perfect when served with spicy Asian dishes.Buy this wine if you like: Off-dry wine with ripe fruit flavours packed with nutty undertones.