1. Shell eggs and cover with sausage meat.
2. Coat with beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
3. Fry in hot oil for 10 minutes. Drain well.
4. Place eggs in a deep casserole with the carrots, onions, tomatoes and herbs.
5. Mix gravy granules and cornflour to a smooth cream with a little of the water. Blend in remaining water and then pour liquid over eggs and vegetables.
6. Cover and cook in the centre of the oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), Gas Mark 4 for 1 hour.
|Mixed Herbs||1 Teaspn.|
|Tomatoes. Quartered||8 Oz.|
|Carrot. Finely Sliced||1|
|Sausage Meat||1 Lb.|
|Hard Boiled Eggs||6|
|Gravy Granules||4 Teaspns.|
Buy sausagemeat which is readily available, rather than skinning sausages.
Hard boil eggs in advance. This helps reduce preparation time.
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
The famous and multi-award winning Nederburg estate has been handcrafting wines for over two centuries. What a great wine this is! Full of fruit flavours