1. if using dried herbs, soak them in a little luke-warm water before preparing the veg
2. finely chop the onions, peppers, courgette and mushrooms. Crush and finely chop the garlic.
3. cut the chicken into 2cm cubes with kitchen scissors and gently sear in a seperate frying pan until sealed then set aside.
4. pre-heat the olive oil in a large fry pan or wok. Gently fry the onions for 3mins, then stir in the garlic and fry for 2mins more...
5. if using dried herbs, add these to the pan now and stir in well, adding a little water to keep the heat down.
6. add the peppers and fry for 4mins
7. add the courgette and fry for 4mins more
8. add the mushrooms and continue for 2mins
9. add the chicken and the pesto and stir thoroughly
10. add the tinned tomatoes along with the tomato puree and turn up the heat slightly until just bubbling gently....
11. leave to thicken on a low heat for about 10-20 mins (the longer and slower and gentler the better!)
12. add the pasta to a pan of boiling water with a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
13. add the brown sugar to the sauce and stir well
14. if using fresh herbs add them now and stir in gently with the heat lowered
15. add the salt and pepper gradually according to taste, then add a squeeze of lemon and taste... add more seasoning if required. Finally add a splash or 3 of red tabasco for extra bite if you're in the mood!
15. serve with freshly grated parmasano cheese, a sprig of basil and a nice chunk of Italian bread!
|Red Tabasco||Splash Or 3|
|Skinless. Boneless Chicken Breasts||500g|
|Tinned. Chopped Tomatoes||400g|
|Pasta Of Your Choice|
|Fresh Grated Parmasan|
|Brown Sugar||1 Level Tsp|
|Lemon - Squeezed||¼|
|Ground Black Pepper||½ Tsp|
|Ground Sea Salt||1 Tsp|
|Green Pesto||5 Tsp|
|Medium Chestnut Mushrooms||8|
|Dried Basil Or A Good Handful Of Fresh Basil||2tsp|
|Dried Oregano Or Handful Of Fresh Oregano||1tsp|
Chutneys are an amazingly varied array of sweet, tangy or hot condiments. They originally hailed from India as a type of preserve as an alternative to the subcontinent’s scarcity of sugar. Today, ... keep reading
This beautiful rose wine is made entirely from Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, fruit driven, refreshing with abundance of berry flavours and a pleasant long finish.