Ideally, roast the duck one day before you want to make this dish, on a rack to allow the fat to drain into the roasting dish. A 2kg bird will take about 2 hours @
200 degrees C
1. Remove meat from duck with skin still attached and shred finely with a knife.
2. Heat oil in a wok and stir fry the duck for about 2 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce and allow to cook a few seconds longer.
4. Add 2 tspns sugar, cook for about 30 seconds then remove duck with a perforated spoon, leaving juices in the pan.
5. Stir fry bamboo shoots in the juices for a few seconds, then add the chives. Cook together for about 1 minute, add remaining tspn of sugar and cook for about 30 seconds, add duck and mix ingredients together thoroughly.
6. Serve with rice or noodles as part of a Chinese meal.
|Bamboo Shoots. Drained And Finely Chopped||1 Small Tin|
|Caster Sugar||2 Tspn|
|Light Soy Sauce||2 Tbpn|
|Vegetable Oil||2 Tbspn|
|Duck [roasted]||1 X 2kg|
|Fresh Chives Chopped Into 2 Inch Lengths||2 Packs|
The fish cake is a very versatile food, much like a croquette, the fish cake is a potato patty mixed with one or various fish and bread crumbed, battered and fried. The original fish cakes were made u... keep reading
The nation's favourite tipple in an organic bundle. A great value wine, from Italy's ever popular Pinot Grigio grape. This wine is perfectly balanced with juicy pear and peach notes and soft floral aromas