1.Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms, stir fry for another 5 minutes then transfer onion/mushroom mix to a separate bowl.
3. Chop aubergine roughly then fry it in the remaining oil in the pan until golden
4. Add onion/mushroom mixture and cooked pasta
5. Season GENEROUSLY with salt and pepper
6. Transfer to an oiled gratin dish and pour over the cream, sprinkle the grated cheese all over the top and sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
7. Put the dish in a preheated oven (190 degrees or gas mark 4) and bake for 30 minutes until bubbling and golden
Serve with a simple green salad
|Salt And Pepper|
|Chedder Cheese . Grated||50g/2oz|
|Double Cream||1 Pint|
|Garlic Cloves. Crushed||2|
|Olive Oil To Fry||4 Tbs|
I have substituted the chedder for blue cheese before and it has been very tasty!
I have never tried this before but I reckon you could probably swap the double cream for something a bit less fattening like natural fromage frais for example if you like. Let me know how it turns out if you do this!
The world is undeniably in love with sriracha, the spicy red chilli and garlic sauce of everyone’s dreams. Although it made its way out of Asia in the 1980s, it seems to have suddenly gained popular... keep reading
Indulge yourself with this lightly spiced, refreshing wine from Alsace