1. Peel the ginger and cut into tiny matchsticks. Finely slice the chilli and spring onions.
2. Gently wash the fish, pat dry and arrange skin-side up on a heatproof platter that will fit into your steamer.
3. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine and sugar together, and pour over the fish. Scatter the ginger, chilli and half the spring onions on top. Steam the fish for 8-10 minutes, or until the flesh parts easily when pierced with a knife.
4. Transfer the fish to warmed serving plates and strain the juices over the top.
5. Heat the groundnut oil in a small pan until it just starts to smoke, then pour it over the fish. Scatter with the remaining spring onions and the coriander and serve with jasmine rice.