1. Sweat the onions in the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the green and red peppers and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the turkey mince and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the turkey is no longer pink, stirring regularly and breaking up any clumps of meat with a wooden spoon.
2. Stir in the cumin, oregano, chilli powder, jalapeno chillies, tomatoes and water and redce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Add the baked beans and kidney beans and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and the mixture is quite thick. (If necessary, thin the chilli with additional water to the desired consistency.)
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. If possible, make the chilli the day before serving, it always tastes better the next day.