Apple chutney recipes
Our top 3 of 9 Apple chutney recipes
- Apple & Date Chutney
- Apple and Raisin Chutney
- Apple and Sultana Chutney
- Recent recipes
- View all 9 variations
Try this chutney with some of our delicious cheeses, like Taste the difference English Vintage Reserve Cheddar, Taste the difference Stilton, Wensleydale cheese with cranberries or Thomas Hoe Leicestershire red.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 450g Bramley apples
- 75g Dates
- 200 ml Cider vinegar
- 3 Cloves
- 75g Fairtrade dark brown soft sugar
- 1. Try placing 450g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped, in a pan with 75g chopped dates, 3 cloves, 200ml cider vinegar and 75g Fairtrade dark brown soft sugar.
- 2. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 25 minutes until the apples are soft and the liquid has almost completely reduced.
- 3. Leave to cool and serve as a wonderful complement to your festive cheeseboard.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- YOU WILL NEED
- 1 medium apple. peeled cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Seedles Raisins
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch Paprika (hot or mild)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 pinch Sugar. granulated
- Juice of one lemon
- Mix all the ingredients together, add the salt and sugar to taste, and lemon juice to sharpen. Serve immediately.
- 900g cooking apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 450g chopped onions
- 750ml cider vinegar
- 350g light soft brown sugar
- 150g sultanas
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp mixed pickling spice
- 1 crumbled cinnamon stick tied in muslin
- Simmer all ingredients until thick (about 1 1/2 hours) with no loose liquid.
- Pot up and store in sterile jar.