Apple crumble recipes
Our top 3 of 22 Apple crumble recipes
- My Special Apple Crumble!!!
- Murcus Wareing's Spiced Apple Crumble Slices
- Apple Crumble
- Most recent
- View all 22 variations
My Special Apple Crumble!!!
by BlOnDiE XOXOXOViewed 18117 times
- *1 LARGE BOWL
- *2 NON-STICK BAKING TRAY
- *3 OVEN
- *4 AN OVEN-PROOF BAKING CONTAINER
- *5 A BIG METAL SPOON
- *6 A CANOPENER
- *7 SOME HANDS THAT ARE PREPARED TO GET MESSY!
- HEAT THE OVEN TO GAS MARK 4/180 C
- COLLETCT EQUIPETMENT
- OPEN TIN OF APPLE PIE FILLER WITH CAN-OPENER
- SPOON THE APPLE FILLING INTO THE BAKING CONTAINER
- ADD THE FLOUR && MARGARINE INTO THE BIG BOWL
- USING YA FINGERTIPS,RUB THE MARGARINE/BUTTER INTO THE FLOUR UNTIL THE MIXTURE RESEMBLES FINE BREADCRUMBS
- ADD DA SUGAR && STIR WELL
- ADD DA OATS
- COVER THE APPLE WITH THIS MIXTURE
- BAKE THE CRUMBLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OVEN FOR ABOUT 35 MINS, IF NEEDS LONGER DO SO
- ONCE CRIPS AT THE TOP, PLACE ON THE BAKING TRAY TO COOL FOR TEN MINS
- THERE YA GO! THE METHOD IS COMPELTE :D
- 1 tin apple pie filling
- 75g Block marg/butter
- 150g Plain flour
- 75g brown sugar
- 50g Oats (optional)
Murcus Wareing's Spiced Apple Crumble Slices
by Marcus WareingViewed 71 times
- 1. Place the apples in a saucepan with the sugar. Cover and set over a low heat until the juice begins to come out of the apples. Slightly increase the heat and cook until the apples are soft, about 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/325F/gas 3.
- 3. For the shortbread base, cream together the butter and sugar, add the egg and milk, then mix in the flour, baking powder and wheatgerm. Spread over the bottom of a greased cake tin (about 20cm square and 5cm deep) and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Leave to cool in the tin.
- 4. Make the crumble by mixing all the dry ingredients together. Put the butter in a small saucepan, melt over a moderate heat, then pour it over the dry ingredients and mix together.
- 5. Spread the apple over the shortbread base, then sprinkle the crumble mix over the top. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled , cored and sliced
- 100g caster or granulated sugar
- SHORTBREAD BASE
- 75g unsalted butter softened
- 40g caster or granulated sugar
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 2tbsp semi-skimmed or whole milk
- 75g plain flour
- 50g wholemeal flour
- ½tsp baking powder
- 25g wheatgerm
- 50g rolled oats
- 40g wholemeal flour
- 15g wheatgerm
- 50g walnuts chopped
- pinch table salt
- 50g caster or granulated sugar
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- ½tsp ground ginger
- ½ nutmeg grated
- 60g unsalted butter
by Users RecipesViewed 3790 times
- 1. Equipment one large bowl, one round 18 cm baking tin.
- 2. Heat the oven to 190 c or 375 f or gas mark 5.
- 3. Peel, decore and cut the apples into chunks.
- 4. Rub the butter in flour until it looks like bread crumbs.
- 5. Now add the caster sugar and mix it with your hand.
- 6. Then add a teaspoon of cinnamon then mix that with your hand.
- 7. Put the apples into the tin and then put the crumble mixture on top of the apples.
- 8. Put thew tin containing the apple crumble in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- 9. Serve this with custard and it is equally delicious hot or cold
- serve with custard
Add a few flaked almonds to the crumble mixture of an extra special nutty flavour. Depending on the apples, you may need to add a teaspoon or two of sugar to the apples when you put them in the tin as cooking apples can be very sour. Remember the bigger the chunks of appel the longer they will take to cook through and go soft so try to cut them quite small (say the size of a 50 pence piece)
- 500g cooking apples
- 150g granulated suger
- 150g plainflour
- 75g butter softened
- 75g caster suger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Apple Crumble Pie
by jacobg606Viewed 1 times
- 1- Make the pastry-sieve the flour into a bowl with the sugar and add the cubes of butter. Rub the butter into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs. Gradually add the beaten egg and water mix and stir until the pastry forms into a ball. Chill for a few minutes in the fridge.
- 2- Make the crumble mix- place the flour and sugar in a bowl and mix together, then rub in butter until they are like breadcrumbs. Stew apples in microwave until starting to go soft and stir in the cinnamon.
- 3- Roll out the pastry till it is big enough to cover the base of the tin. Cut out and place into the greased tin. Spoon the apple mix onto the pastry base then top with crumble mix and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Put the apple crumble pie into the oven at 180 for 30 minutes.
- 4- A few minutes before taking the pie out of the oven if you want you could make some custard to serve with the apple pie.
- 5- Take apple pie out of oven and place on plate with custard in jug(if made).
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 190g Butter
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tbsp water
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 600g cooking apples
- 200g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 80g butter
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon