Apple jam recipes
Our top 3 of 5 Apple jam recipes
- Apple and Ginger Jam
- Apple, Tomato and Chilli Jam
- Blackberry and Apple Jam
- Most recent
- View all 5 variations
Apple and Ginger Jam
by judyn1752Viewed 400 times
- 1. Combine apples, water and sugar in a deep microwaveable bowl.
- 2. Microwave on High until apples are tender, 3-5mins, stirring once during cooking.
- 3. Mix the ground ginger into the softened apple mixture then beat with an electric mixer until blended.
- 4. Microwave on High until mixture is slightly thickened, 3-4mins, stirring once during cooking time.
- 5. Stir in the lemon juice and stem ginger.
- 6. Pour carefully into prepared jars, seal and refrigerate.
NOTE: The jars can be sterilised in the microwave by placing a small quantity of water in the jar and heat on High until water has boiled for 2-3 mins. Remove water and jars are ready for filling.
- 250g apples peeled cored and cut into chunks
- 350g castor sugar
- ½ teasp ground ginger
- ½-1ball Preserved stem ginger, finely chopped, optional
- 60ml water
- 5ml lemon juice
Apple, Tomato and Chilli Jam
by Nick OwenViewed 4291 times
- Peel, core and coursey chop the apple. Finely chop the onion, tomatoes (leave the skins on) and chilli. Transfer to a large saucepan or preserving pan.
- Add the vinegar, sugar and mustard seeds. Stir.
- Add the chilli sauce (I use De Bomb which measures 273,000 on the scoville scale!).
- Put the cinnamon stick broken into four, the cloves, peppercorns and dried red chilli in a muslin bag and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, stir and then simmer uncovered for 2 hours or until the preserve has the consistancy of jam (no liquid left).
- Transfer to sterile jars and leave to settle for three months minimum to allow flavour to develop and the vinegar to subside.
- 1 kg Cooking Apples
- 500 g Onions
- 500 ml Cider Vinegar
- 500g Granulated Sugar
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tbsp Hot Chilli Sauce
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 10 Cloves
- 10 Black Peppercorns
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 500g Cherry Tomatoes
Blackberry and Apple Jam
by cookingprincessViewed 675 times
- Put blackberries in a pan over a low heat add half the water and stew until tender. Put sliced apples in another pan add the remaining water and cook until just soft.
- Combine the 2 fruits into 1 pan(do a pectin test) if the result is poor boil fruit for another few minutes and test again.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Then boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
- Make sure not to over boil.
- Pour into hot,dry jars. Fill right to the top.Put on waxed discs immediately. Covers may be put on when jam is either hot or cold. label and store in a cool dark place.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 4lbs blackberries
- ½ pint Water
- 1½ lbs peeled and cored cooking apples
- 6lbs sugar
by deepurpleViewed 796 times
- Place chopped pears and apples into a large pot, and pour orange juice over them to prevent them from browning. Stir in sugar, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir frequently to prevent scorching. When the fruit is at a full boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook until the mixture is the color and texture of honey. The longer you cook it, the thicker it gets. Cooking time is usually 2 to 3 hours, with careful watching. Depending on the type of fruit, you may need to use a hand blender as some apples and pears do not soften enough.
- Ladle into hot sterile jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Wipe rims with a clean damp cloth. Label and when cool refrigerate.
- 650g peeled. cored and chopped pears
- 650g peeled. cored and chopped bramley apples
- 235 ml freshly squeezed orange juice (or any other citrus juice)
- 400 g castor sugar
- 400g raw cane or demerara sugar