Our top 3 of 14 Avocado recipes
- Arequipa Avocado Salad
- Avocado & Tropical Fruit Ceviche
- Spiced Avocado, Orange and Red Onion Salad
- Recent recipes
- View all 14 variations
3 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 Peruvian Avocado
- 1 Carrots Peeled and Chopped
- 300g feta cheese
- 500g broad beans
- 2 red onion
- 2 Choclo Peruvian giant kernel corn (or sweet corn cob)
- 1 aji amarillo chilli (or mild red chilli), finely chopped
- 150g black olives, stone removed
- 2 juice of 2 limes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
- 1. Boil the corn for 10 minutes then add the broad beans and carrot and boil for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and when the cobs have cooled slightly take the kernels off the corn by slicing downwards with a sharp knife.
- 2. Chop the onions, avocado and feta cheese into cubes and slice the olives into round strips.
- 3. In a separate small bowl mix the olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper and add the finely chopped chilli and parsley.
- 4. Stir this marinade into the rest of the ingredients in a large salad bowl or plate.
- 5. Chill for 10 minutes and serve. Delicioso!
4 CommentsAdd comment
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 small red onion
- ½ aji amarillo chilli (or mild red chilli)
- ½ aji limon chilli (or yellow pepper)
- 4 sprigs of fresh coriander
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp honey
- 2 peruvian avocados
- 1 papaya
- 1 mango
- 1 beef tomato
- ½ pineapple
- 1. Firstly prepare the fruit. Peel the papaya, cut in half lengthways and remove the black seeds with a spoon. Slice the two halves into small cubes.
- 2. Next place the mango with one flat side resting on the cutting board. Slice lengthways along the flat side next to the seed. Turn over and repeat on the other side. In each half, cut a cross-hatch pattern through the mango pulp down to the skin, being careful not to cut through the skin. Turn the mango halves inside-out and remove the mango cubes with a sharp knife.
- 3. Place the pineapple on its side and cut off the top and bottom with a sharp knife. Stand the pineapple on its flat bottom and cut the skin off in strips. Use half the pineapple for this recipe, cutting it into circular slices, removing the core and cutting into small cubes.
- 4. Also cut the beef tomato into small cubes and de-skin and de-pip the avocados and cut in half lengthways.
- 1. Coat the avocados with a third of the lime juice by gently rubbing onto the flesh. This stops them browning.
- 2. For the Ceviche marinade, very finely chop the red onion, coriander leaves, and chillies/pepper. Add the remainder of the lime juice, salt, white wine vinegar and honey. Mix thoroughly.
- 3. Add the mixture to the cubed ingredients for the filling and leave in the fridge for 10 minutes to marinade.
- 4. Place half an avocado per serving dish with the hole facing upwards. Using a teaspoon, fill the hole with the filling and ceviche marinade. Any remainder filling can be used to decorate the dish. Use a couple of coriander leaves to decorate. Eat straight away. Que rico!
Spiced Avocado, Orange and Red Onion Salad
Views 1467, Added Wed Jun 8 2011
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 oranges
- ½ red onion
- Handful of rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp bottlegreen Orange and Mango Cordial
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 large red chilli
- 6 black olives
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 1. Halve, peel and de-stone the avocado and cut into slices, or cube if making bruschettas. Grate the zest from one of the oranges and reserve.
- 2. Cut away the peel and pith from the oranges and cut into bite size segments. Squeeze any juice from the discarded orange pith into a small bowl. Slice the onion into thin strips.
- 3. Mix together the cordial, olive oil, lemon juice, any reserved orange juice and zest and the de-seeded, sliced chilli. Toss the avocado, orange and onion into the dressing, quarter the olives and add to the rocket.
- 4. Slice the ciabatta, brush with a little olive oil, griddle until marked on each side. Either pile the salad onto the individual toasts and serve as canapés or serve the salad with the griddled toasts.