Baked apple recipes
Our top 3 of 5 Baked apple recipes
- 4 apples
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white wine
- to decorate walnut
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Create a small well in the center of apples by cutting out the stem and core and leaving the bottom intact. Transfer the apples to an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish. Fill each well with 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Sprinkle cinnamon over apples. Pour wine around the apples, cover with foil and bake until soft, about 1 hour. Let cool before serving and decorate them with some walnuts.
- 4 Baking Apples
- 4 oz Sultanas
- 2 oz Walnuts
- 1 oz Demerera Sugar
- Core the apples, leaving apple and skin intact. Chop walnuts and mix with sultanas and sugar. Spoon into apples. Place on baking tray and bake at 200c for about 30 minutes.
You can also use a variety of alternative dried fruit like sultanas, or black or red currants, all equally as good
- 4 apple. cored
- 3 tbsp. raisins
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1. Choose the apples carefully. I find that Golden Delicious are very sweet and the kids love them.
- 2. Peel the apples first and then remove the core and cut them in half.
- 3. Lay the apples in a large baking tray, any way up will do, and scatter the raisins over the top of the apples.
- 4. Now put the tray and apples into the oven and bake them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- 5. Once they are cooked take the tray out of the oven and sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon (or to taste) over the pieces of apple.
- 6. Now serve loads of ice cream.