Baked beans recipes
Our top 3 of 11 Baked beans recipes
- Home-made Baked Beans
- Baked Bean Chilli
- Three-Bean Baked Beans
- Recent recipes
- View all 11 variations
Great with a jacket potato too.
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- ½ small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Tomato puree
- ½ tsp Brown sugar
- 4 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 150 - 200 ml Vegetable stock (made with a cube - I use Kallo low salt)
- A few leaves Fresh tyhyme
- Pinch Chilli flakes
- 1 X 400 g can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- To season to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on a medium heat and gently fry the onion for a few minutes until soft and just starting to turn golden. Add the tomato puree and brown sugar, then stir in the chopped fresh tomatoes, stock, thyme, chilli flakes. Use a large or small pinch, depending on how hot you want the beans to be. Leave out if you are not keen on chilli. Season to taste, then simmer for 5 minutes. Mash a little with a potato masher or fork.
- Add the cannellini beans and simmer for another 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened, adding a little more stock if you think it needs it.
- Serve straight away on hot toast.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1-2 tins baked beans
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 oxo cube, crushed
- Pre heat oven to gas mark 5
- Put the rice on to boil
- Heat a little oil in frying pan
- Add the mince until bowed
- Add chilli powder and oxo cube and stir
- Transfer the mince into a casserole dish
- Add the baked beans to the mince and stir
- Place in pre heated oven and cook for 45 mins
- To serve
- Drain rice and put on to plates
- Add the chilli and enjoy.
- 1 large onion. coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can red kidney beans. rinsed. drained
- 1 can black beans. rinsed. drained
- 1 can aduki beans. rinsed. drained
- 1. Add onion to drippings in pot and sauté until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add dry mustard and thyme and stir 1 minute. Mix in ketchup, vinegar, molasses, water, bay leaf and all beans. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Cover pot and bake bean mixture 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more water if mixture seems dry.
- 4. Discard bay leaf and serve.