Baked camembert recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Baked camembert recipes
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 Boxed Camembert
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 rosemary sprigs
- a splash of White Wine
- ciabatta bread
- Jar Cranberry with Port
- Set the oven to 180 degrees
- Open the Camembert box and take out any wrapping.
- Run the base of the box under the tap, line with tin foil and put the Camembert back in.
- Make about 8 cross insertions in the top of the Camembert and inset pieces of rosemary and garlic spears (cut form the garlic cloves).
- Add a splash of white wine to the top of the Camembert and top with tin foil.
- Put in the oven for ten minutes.
- Take off the foil and leave to bake for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with warm Ciabatta.
- To warm the Ciabatta, wet it under the tap, wrap in baking paper and pop it in the oven with the Camembert for ten minutes.
- Serve with a jar of Cranberry in Port.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 Camembert - 250g size
- 1 tsp Chopped Fresh Herbs
- pinch Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- 1. Heat the oven to gas 5 / 190 c.
- 2. Remove the lid from the camembert box, unwrap the cheese from its wrapping and place it back in its wooden case. Wrap the whole cheese in its box in tin foil and place on baking tray. If an individual starter bake one cheese person or if as a sharing dish bake 1 cheese for every 2 - 3 people.
- 3. Bake for approx 25 mins. To check if done press lightly on the top skin of the cheese to see if feels liquid beneath.
- 4. Remove from oven and unwrap from foil. Peel off the top skin of the cheese and sprinkle the herbs, sal and pepper over the top.
- 5. Serve with dippers of your choice.
You can put garlic and rosemary to spice up the cheese