Baked potato recipes
Our top 3 of 35 Baked potato recipes
- Perfect Baked Potato
- Crunchy Jacket Potatos
- Stuffed Jacket Potatoes (Vegan)
- Most recent
- View all 35 variations
Perfect Baked Potato
by pamelamela82Viewed 1511 times
- To make crispy potatoes to die for - simply prick the potatoes and then cover with the oil and a handfull of salt. Bake in a 190 degrees oven for 1hr 45 for a perfect cruchy crispy skin and fluffy inside. Enjoy!!!
- LARGE BAKING POTOE
- 1 per person baking potatoes
- OLIVE OIL
- 1 tps per person olive oil
- ground sea salt
Crunchy Jacket Potatos
by NommieViewed 1545 times
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. Wipe the potatoes and prick them with a fork. Put them in the oven.
- 2. Cook the potatoes in the oven for 60 - 75 minutes until they are soft inside and the skins are crispy. Remove them from the oven.
- 3. Cut each potatoe in half and scoop out the soft insides into a mixing bowl. Take care not to damage the skins.
- 4. Mash the potatoe well and then add the butter and seasoning.
- 5. Place the skins on the baking tray. Chop the ham and put it on the bottom of the skins.
- 6. Spoon in the potato mixture. Remember to make sure each skin has the same amount of potato and ham in.
- 6. Grate the cheese and sprinkle evenly on the potatoes.
- 7. Put them back in the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
Prepare all your ingredients before you take the jacket potatoes out of the oven. Serve with a side salad for a bigger portion. For a veggie option, try fried mushrooms instead of ham. Try adding flaked tuna or salmon to the potato skins instead of ham. For an extra tasty meal, por over minced chilli sauce or bolognese sauce instead of ham. Sprinkle with cheese to finish.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- baking tray
- dessert spoon
- mixing bowl
- sharp knife
- chopping board
- 4 large potatoes
- 55g of butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 115g of ham
- 115g of cheddar cheese
Stuffed Jacket Potatoes (Vegan)
by winterstarViewed 1953 times
- 1 - bake the potatoes at 200 degrees / gas mark 6 for about an hour
- 2 - after the hour finely chop the onion and mushrooms and fry in the margarine until soft, add the sesame seeds for the last couple of minutes
- 3 - cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the insides, mix with the onion and mushroom mix, scoop mixture back into potatoes and bake for a further 15 minutes or so
- 4 - serve with salad
If you have a fan oven and don't like crispy jackets reduce the cooking time. I like to mix it up and use different ingredients - last time I made this I added a small amount of chopped smoked tofu and a little red pepper - yummy! Serves 2 people at 2 potatoes each, good main course. Smaller portion would make a nice starter. DON'T FORGET, VEGAN FOOD IS SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE!
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 mushrooms (large)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Pure sunflower spread (or equiv)
- salt and pepper to taste
Greek Baked Potatoes ( Patates Yemistas )
by daijohnViewed 292 times
- 1 Place potatoes on a baking sheet & bake in a medium
- oven for approx 1hour until tender.
- 2 Remove from oven & slice off the top of each one.
- 3 Using a spoon , remove most of the flesh (taking care not to
- damage the skin) and place in a bowl.
- 4 Mash the potato with a little butter , season with salt
- & pepper.
- 5 Refill the potatoes with the mash,leaving a well in
- the top.
- 6 Carefully crack an egg into each well,season with salt &
- pepper then sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 7 Cover the top of each potato with a slice of bread &
- return to oven.
- 8 When the cheese is melted & golden brown the potatoes
- are ready to serve.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 slices bread
- grated cheese (of your choice)
- salt and pepper to taste