Banana bread recipes
Our top 3 of 16 Banana bread recipes
- 4 oz Butter
- 8 oz Self Raising Flour
- 4 oz Soft Brown Sugar
- 6 oz Raisins
- 2 eggs
- 2 tblspns Honey
- 3 Bananas
- 1. Rub butter and flour together until breadcrumbs.
- 2. Add sugar and raisins. Give a stir.
- 3. Beat eggs. Spoon out honey and stir in.
- 4. Mash Bananas and add to mixture.
- 5. Give it a good stir.
- 6. Grease loaf tin.
- 7. Pour in ingredients & cook at 180oc/350f for 1 hour.
- 8. Check to see if cooked (put skewer in and if it comes out clean it's ready!)
- 9. Turn out bread and leave to cool.
- 10. Eat and enjoy!!!
- 225g/8oz self-raising flour
- 100g/4oz butter
- 150g/5oz caster sugar
- 450g/1lb bananas (the softer the better) peeled and mashed
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 175g/6oz mixed dried fruit
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- 2. Mix all the ingredients except the dried fruit together. You can do this in a food processor or by hand in a bowl.
- 3. When they're all thoroughly mixed, add the dried fruit. Spoon the mixture into a 1kg/2lb non-stick loaf tin, spread out evenly and bake for one and a half hours. The loaf is done when a skewer pushed into its middle comes out clean.
- 4. Cool on a wire rack, then slice before serving
- 5. Serve thickly sliced with a dusting of icing sugar, or wrap in foil and warm gently in the oven before slicing and serving with fresh bananas for an ideal weekend breakfast.
This is just delicious served warm and fresh out of the oven with a light spreading of butter. Not terribly healthy or slimming I know but hey..... give it a go!
37 CommentsAdd comment
- 50 g Chopped Nuts (optional)
- 60 g Butter or Margarine
- 225 g Banana Pulp
- 2 (large) Eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Bicarb of Soda
- 130 g Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 210 g Self Raising Flour
- 1. Sift together the dry ingredients.
- 2. Stir in the egg, banana pulp, butter and nuts. Do not overmix.
- 3. Pour the batter into a 100 millimeter by 200 millimeter greased and floured bread tin.
- 4. Bake for 50 mins at 160 celsius. You will know when it is done if a fork or knife is incerted into the bread - it it comes out c lean your bread is done!
- 5. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, remove from baking tin and serve.