Basic pancakes recipes
Our top 3 of 14 Basic pancakes recipes
- Pancakes With Sliced Bananas
- Healthy Breakfast Pancakes
- Recent recipes
- View all 14 variations
- 250g Flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 50g Butter
- 1 tbsp rum
- 1. In a big bowl: mix flour, eggs and add milk progressively.
- 2. Add the pich of salt and the rum.
- 3. Stand the mixture at least 30 minutes.
- 4. Grease pan with butter lightly.
- 5. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter in a heated pan for each crepe swirl the pan so that the batter covers the entire base of the pan.
- 6. Cook for about 1 min each side until golden.
- Repeat until all the crepes are cooked.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 110g/4oz Plain Flour Sifted
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 200ml/7fl oz Milk
- 75ml/3fl oz Water
- 50g/2 oz Butter
- TO SERVE
- 1 Banana
- Pinch of Sugar (Optional)
- 1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- 2. Then make a well in the middle of the flour and add the two eggs.
- 3. Then whisk the eggs and flour together (You can use any sort of whisk or even a fork)
- 4. Then slowly begin to mix in milk and water. If there are small bits in the mixture just continue to whisk untill they eventually disapper. Keep whisking untill the batter is smooth.
- 5. Now melt 50g/2 oz of butter in a pan and then add two tablespoons of the melted butter into the mixture. Leaving the rest to lubricate the pan, spread the butter round the pan before adding pancake mixture.
- 6. Now get your pan really hot before turning the heat down to medium. Add the pancake mixture (About 2-3 tbsp)to your pan. It should take only half to one minute to cook. With a knife just lift one side of the pancake and check if its done (You'll know because it will have turned golden brown on the underside). If so then flip or use a spatula to cook the other side of the pancake.
- 7. When both sides are cooked take off the heat and place on a plate.
- 8. You need now to get your banana and slice it, then put your sliced banana in the middle of your pancake, roll up and serve with a pinch of sugar (Optional).
Why not add dried fruit to the pancakes, raisins, apricot and goji berries all work well, but fresh raspberry and blueberry also work too. When you add the mix to the pan sprinkle the fuit dirctly onto the batter. Also try adding a drizzle of honey, especially if using fresh raspberries as they can be a little tart without it.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 75g/2½ oz Self Raising Flour sifted
- 1 ½ tsp Caster Sugar
- ¼ tsp Bicarbinate of Soda
- 175ml/6 fl oz Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium egg. beaten
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1) In a large bowl sift the flour and bicarb and mix in the sugar making a well in the centre.
- 2) In another bowl whisk the buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla and pour into the well of the dry mix.
- 3)Allow to stand for 5 mins
- 4) heat a little oil in a pan and spoon the mix bit by bot into the pan. Allow to cook for a minute and when small bubbles start appearing, it's time to flip over. Allow to cook a further minute or so and then pancake will be ready when golden brown.