Bean salad recipes
Our top 3 of 34 Bean salad recipes
- Andalusian Bean and Orange Salad
- Fine Green Bean, Asparagus and Pancetta Salad
- Chorizo and French Bean Salad
- Recent recipes
- View all 34 variations
- 1 x 300g can Cannellini beans. drained
- 2 oranges. peeled and segmented
- ½ Cucumber. chopped
- 2 Vine tomatoes. de-seeded and chopped
- 1 Green pepper. de-seeded and choped
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sherry vinegar
- to taste salt and black pepper
- pinch cinnamon
- Place the beans, orange segments and vegetables into a large serving bowl.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar and season to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon to serve.
Fine Green Bean, Asparagus and Pancetta Salad
by Nick Owen
Views 1912, Added Wed Sep 3 2008
- 12 Baby Asparagus Spears
- 4 Long Pancetta Slices
- 100g Fine Green Beans
- 1 clove Garlic
- 4 Quails Eggs
- 25ml White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- To Season Salt Pepper
- 75ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Blanch the asparagus and fine green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove and drain. Mix 25ml of the olive oil and the garlic clove crushed. Marinade the asparagus and fine beans until cold.
- Next make the dressing. Mix the white balsamic, 50ml of olive oil, the honey and seasoning togther to form a dressing.
- Take the green beans and seperate into 4 equal portions. Roll the beans in a pancetta strip to seal and lay on a plate.
- Lay 4 asparagus spears sideways against the green bean parcels.
- Poach the quails eggs and sit on top of where the asparagus lays over the beans.
- Drizzle some dressing over the top and around the plate.
- Serve cold however with a hot poached quails egg.
- 1 Large Red onion
- 300g French Beans
- 2 Tbsp Sherry
- 85g Almonds
- 125g Chorizo Sliced
- 1 Knob Butter
- 1. Finely chop the red onion and put in a small bowl with the sherry and leave to soak (you can use white wine vinegar as an alternative to sherry).
- 2. Steam or simmer the beans until tender, about 4 minutes and then drain and leave to cool.
- 2. Add a knob of butter to a heated pan and then add the almonds, cook, stirring until the almonds brown, and tip over the beans. Fry the chorizo until it begins to brown and gives off oil. Drain the oil and tip the chorizo onto the beans. Add the shallots, season and toss everything together.