Beef stew recipes
Our top 3 of 26 Beef stew recipes
- 1 pound Beef Cut into Cubes
- ½ Red onion
- 2 Large carrots
- 6-7 Large potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 Litre Water
- ½ tube Tomatoe Paste
- 4 Table Spoons Gravy Granuals
- 3 Portions Peti Pois
- Take a large stewing pot and throw in all the ingredients cook on around 150 degree's (Celsius) for around 5 hours.This will ensure that the meat and vegetables are nice and soft. Adjust the gravy to your specification throughout the cooking process by trying the gravy and seeing if it needs more gravy granules or not.
- I made this for my family last night and not only did we all have a huge serving but I was also able to freeze 2 more dinners for 4 people out of that one meal.Its very filling and is great with a slice of brown bread. Hope you enjoy :)
If you have any mulled wine lying around this time of year it is a great alternative to add instead of regular red wine
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 1kg diced beef
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tin Heinz cream of tomato soup
- 3 diced carrots
- 1 knorr beef stock cube
- 1 cup Red wine
- sprinkle a little chili flakes
- 1. Fry the chopped onions until soft and translucent, then add the beef cubes and crushed garlic and fry till brown.
- 2. Chop the carrots and put into a casserole cooking pot (with lid) - add the beef and onions.
- 3. Stir in stock cube with a pint of boiling water and then add the can of tomato soup.
- 4. Add red wine (optional)
- 2 thinly sliced yellow pepper
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- handful pitted olives
- chopped sprig rosemary
- 800g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 600g pack beef stir-fry strips
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes until softened and turning golden.
- 2. Tip in the beef strips, pepper, tomatoes and rosemary, then bring it to boil.
- 3. Simmer for 15 minutes until the meat is cooked through, adding some boiling water if needed.
- 4. Stir through the olives and serve with mash or polenta.