Beetroot salad recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Beetroot salad recipes
- Roasted Beetroot Salad
- Beetroot Salad
- Baby Cos and Beetroot Salad with A Soft Boiled Egg
- Recent recipes
- View all 7 variations
- 3 raw beetroot
- 1 baby red onion
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
- 2 tbsp roasted pumkin seeds
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1. Cut and peel the beetroot and place on a baking tray - drizzle with oil and roast in a hot over for30 -45 mins and set aside to cool
- 2. Put the leaves in a bowl - add in finely sliced red onion and sliced tomatoes
- 3. Roast the pumkin seeds in a frying pan and set aside to cool
- 4. Add in the beetroot and pumkin seeds and then drizzle over the salad dressing (whisking the balsamic vinegard, oil and sugar and season with salt and pepper)
- 750 g /1 ½ lb Cooked beetroot
- 1 tbsp Almond or sunflower oil
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- 6 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds pounded with oil in pestle & mortar
- 1 small bunch Flat leaf parsley or coriander coarsley chopped
- 2 Red Onion
- 75 g /3 oz feta cheese
- Coarse sea salt and freshley ground black pepper
- Cut beetroot into slices 2.5 mm / 1/8 inch thick or 1 cm/ 1/2 inch dice. Mix the oil, mustard, vinegar, tabasco and caraway seeds into a thin dressing. Pour over the beetroot and set aside for at least half an hour to allow the flavours to mingle and develop.
- Just before serving mix in the fresh parsley or coriander (reserving a little for garnish), the red onion and finally the coarse sea salt. Pour out onto a plate and crumble the feta cheese over the top. Finish off with the remaining herbs and a little coarsely ground black pepper.
Baby Cos and Beetroot Salad with A Soft Boiled Egg
Views 1188, Added Fri Jan 7 2011
I have made it using quail eggs it just makes it a little bit more special.
- 4 medium free range eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 baby cos (romaine) lettuce, the leaves washed and sorted, iced/little gem lettuce is ok to use.
- 4 baby beetroot (beets) cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Crusty bread to serve
- Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water over a high heat, bring to the boil, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3½ minutes.
- Remove the eggs and cool slightly, peel carefully, then set to one side.
- Place the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in a bowl, then add 1/3 cup (80ml) of boiling water. Whisk to make a loose dressing, adding a little more water, if needed.
- Divide the cos lettuce between 4 serving bowls and top with the cooked beetroot, carefully halve the soft-boiled eggs and position them on top of the beetroot, drizzle with the mustard dressing, season with some freshly ground black pepper and garnish with the chopped chives, serve with crusty bread and Enjoy!