Black pudding recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Black pudding recipes
by Forty SomethingViewed 2288 times
- 1.Dissolve one cup of oatmeal in one pint of broth.
- 2.Add salt, pepper, marjoram, and thyme.
- 3.Simmer, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 4.Chop onions very fine, brown in little fat and stir in.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 pint vegetable broth
- --- salt pepper
- --- marjoram thyme
- 2 small onions
by bentley1Viewed 1478 times
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large pan, then bring to the boil. Pour into a large, shallow dish and season again if necessary. Allow to cool. When cold slice and shallow fry.
- 1100ml Pig's Blood
- 1100ml Milk
- 340g Breadcrumbs
- 227g Suet Shredded
- 1 cup Cooked Barley
- 1 cup Oatmeal (dry)
- 28g Mint (dried and powdered)
- to taste salt and pepper
Black Pudding in Mustard Sauce
by quiet poet headViewed 3048 times
- Pan fry (in smearing of oil in pan) the black pudding.(place in oven to keep hot)
- Once removed from the pan, add the diced onions and fry till just turning brown, can add splash of white wine and reduce. Add the cream and stir, then the mustard and stir. Taste for salt and pepper requirement.(add some of the herbs if you fancy)
- 1/2 cook the new potatoes in salted water, drain,then put in oven dish and coat with olive oil, add crushed pepper and chopped herbs. Roast in oven till cooked through.(180 degrees approx 10mins)
- Mix the red onion, green pepper, aubergine, courgette, asparagus and garlic cloves with some olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast in oven approx 12-18mins(depends on oven type). Squeeze the garlic over the veg and stir in before serving.
- Place black pudding on plate, half cover with sauce, add roasted potatoes and good mix of roasted veg.
I had black pudding from this supplier/producer before and it was really nice...worth a try I guess if your local supply is not up to much... http://www.buryblackpuddings.co.uk/ the veg for roasting can be any of choice and the potatoes can be your preferred variety and i guess the mustard can be changed to your preference too!!! In fact you can even use chicken instead of black pudding (just that I love it!!)
- 2 slices per person Black pudding
- 1 large diced Onion
- tablespoon Coarse grain mustard
- 300ml Thick double cream
- ?? Herbs of choice
- 75g per person approx new po
- 1 large ½" diced Red onion
- 1 ½" diced green pepper
- 1 small ½" diced Aubergine
- 1 ½" diced Courgette
- 2 whole peeled Garlic cloves
- 3 per person 2" segments Asparagus
Black Pudding Starter
by Philip DobsonViewed 8551 times
- Fry Bacon untill cooked,reserve. Fry black pudding and reserve.(They could also be grilled).
- Cut the apple or pear into thick slices and place in a medium pan without oil and cook until caramelised, reserve.
- Wilt the spinach with a teaspoon of water and a knob of butter in a hot lidded pan.Strain all water from wilted spinach.
- Assemble dish.
- Put spinach on the toast, then the apple/pear, the black pudding and top with the bacon. Drizzle sweet chilli around the plate to taste and perhaps a little herb for decoration on top if available
- Assemble the dish
- 4 1cm thick slices Black Pudding
- 2 Rashers Bacon
- 1 Handfull Spinach
- ½ cored Green Apple or Crisp Pear
- 1 Round Toast. crust removed
- 1 Thai sweet chilli sauce