Black pudding recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Black pudding recipes
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 pint vegetable broth
- --- salt pepper
- --- marjoram thyme
- 2 small onions
- 1.Dissolve one cup of oatmeal in one pint of broth.
- 2.Add salt, pepper, marjoram, and thyme.
- 3.Simmer, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 4.Chop onions very fine, brown in little fat and stir in.
- 1100ml Pig's Blood
- 1100ml Milk
- 340g Breadcrumbs
- 227g Suet Shredded
- 1 cup Cooked Barley
- 1 cup Oatmeal (dry)
- 28g Mint (dried and powdered)
- to taste salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large pan, then bring to the boil. Pour into a large, shallow dish and season again if necessary. Allow to cool. When cold slice and shallow fry.
I had black pudding from this supplier/producer before and it was really nice...worth a try I guess if your local supply is not up to much... http://www.buryblackpuddings.co.uk/ the veg for roasting can be any of choice and the potatoes can be your preferred variety and i guess the mustard can be changed to your preference too!!! In fact you can even use chicken instead of black pudding (just that I love it!!)
- 2 slices per person Black pudding
- 1 large diced Onion
- tablespoon Coarse grain mustard
- 300ml Thick double cream
- ?? Herbs of choice
- 75g per person approx new po
- 1 large ½" diced Red onion
- 1 ½" diced green pepper
- 1 small ½" diced Aubergine
- 1 ½" diced Courgette
- 2 whole peeled Garlic cloves
- 3 per person 2" segments Asparagus
- Pan fry (in smearing of oil in pan) the black pudding.(place in oven to keep hot)
- Once removed from the pan, add the diced onions and fry till just turning brown, can add splash of white wine and reduce. Add the cream and stir, then the mustard and stir. Taste for salt and pepper requirement.(add some of the herbs if you fancy)
- 1/2 cook the new potatoes in salted water, drain,then put in oven dish and coat with olive oil, add crushed pepper and chopped herbs. Roast in oven till cooked through.(180 degrees approx 10mins)
- Mix the red onion, green pepper, aubergine, courgette, asparagus and garlic cloves with some olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast in oven approx 12-18mins(depends on oven type). Squeeze the garlic over the veg and stir in before serving.
- Place black pudding on plate, half cover with sauce, add roasted potatoes and good mix of roasted veg.