Bread pudding recipes
Our top 3 of 11 Bread pudding recipes
- 8oz Stale bread
- ½ pint cold water
- 3oz Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 4oz Mixed dried fruit
- 2 oz Suet (Veg works well)
- 2tbs Mixed spice
- Break the bread into small chunks and cover with water, leave to soak for around 30-40 minutes. Drain the bread and squeeze out any excess water with your hands(this gets a little messy!)
- Transfer the bread to a mixing bowl and mix the bread with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 8" square baking tin and cook at 180C/gas 4 for 1.15 - 1.30 hrs or until firm to the touch and brown on top. If it looks like it is browning too quickly, add a piece of grease proof paper to the tin.
- Allow to cool for 30 mins or so in the tin before cutting into squares.
- This can be serve warm or cold. We always had ours cold.
- It's a great recipe to make with children, always lots of fun squishing the water from the bread.
- 1 loaf of brown or white bread
- 1 lb mixed fruit
- 1 tub Mixed spice
- 8 oz Caster sugar
- 2 oz marg
- Soak the bread in water for about 30 mins.
- Squeeze the water out of the bread into a clean bowl
- Add the fruit, mixed spice and sugar
- Mix together with your hands into one big mess
- Put into a greased dish
- Add dollops of marg on the top of the mix
- Bake in the oven Gas 4 (350f 177f) for approx 1 1/2 hours
- Once out of the oven sprinkle some sugar on the top
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- ½ lb Stale bread
- 3ozs Sugar. granulated
- 1 egg
- 2ozs butter or marg
- 2ozs currants
- 2ozs raisins
- ½ pt milk
- A little grated nutmeg
- A little grated lemon rind
- Soak the bread for 1 hour in some cold water, squeeze it, and mix it with the currants, raisins, sugar, lemon rind, nutmeg and melted fat, also the egg well beaten with the milk. Pour into a greased dish and bake for I hour 15 minutes 160c - 170c.