Our top 3 of 63 Brownie recipes
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Anna's Brownies
- Pudding Chocolate Brownies
- Recent recipes
- View all 63 variations
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 250g Luxury Dark cooking chocolate
- 250g butter
- 100g luxury milk cooking chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 75g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g Luxury White cooking Chocolate
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4
- Break the dark chocolate into a saucepan, add the butter and heat very gently ( do not rush this - it will take a while but go too fast and the chocolate will boil and taste bitter!)Stir it all the while until thoroughly melted. Take off the heat to cool for about ten minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile line a roasting tin (c18x28x4cm) with greaseproof paper leaving plenty up the sides.
- 3. Cut the milk and white chocolate into small (about size of a fingernail) chunks.
- 4. Use an electric whisk to beat the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl.Do this for about five minutes.
- 5. Fold in the cooled chocolate and butter mixture. Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in. Pour into the tin and level off
- 6. Scatter the diced chocolate over the top and put in the oven. It will take about 25-30 minutes and you are trying to get the top to harden, crack and split open. This is a fine line as too long and the top will dry out and start to burn - but time it right and the top looks like an earthquake zone and the bottom remains moist.
- 7. lift out of the tin using the greaseproof paper, peel away edges and cut into squares.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1. First preheat oven at 350c.
- 2. Secondly sieve the plain flour, coco, baking powder, salt and cinamon into a large bowl.
- 3. Next in a separate bowl mix the milk, oil and vanilla extract.
- 4. Stir the milk, oil and vinilla into the other bowl very gently.
- 5. Mix the mixture until it is smooth, then pour into a flat tin about 4cm tall.
- 6. Place in oven for about 30 to 35 minutes until it is cooked all the way through.
- 7. Leave to cool then cut into equal squares.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 175g/6oz unsalted butter plus extra for greasing
- 85g/3oz self-raising flour sifted plus extra for dusting
- 175g/6oz unsweetened chocolate broken into pieces
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 3 large eggs
- 250g/9oz caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 50g/2oz chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 150C/300F/Gas mark 2. Butter a 20x20cm/8x8in square brownie tin and dust with flour, then shake out the excess. Place the butter, chocolate, and coffee in a bowl and melt together either in the microwave or set over a pan of steaming water.
- 2. In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until pale and creamy, then add the vanilla essence. Gently stir the still-warm chocolate mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Fold in the flour using a wooden spoon, then add the nuts. Bake in the oven for 25-35minutes - the outside should be firm and the middle soft.
- 3. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm, cut into rectangles, with double cream or vanilla ice-cream.