Butternut risotto recipes
Our top 3 of 15 Butternut risotto recipes
- Chilli & Butternut Squash Risotto
- Butternut Squash and Bacon Risotto
- Butternut Squash and King Prawn Risotto
- Recent recipes
- View all 15 variations
- 900ml vegetable stock
- fry light for Spraying
- 1 Red Onion. Peeled & Finely Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves. Peeled & finely Chopped
- 1 Red Chilli. deseeded and finely sliced
- 250g/9oz Arborio or Other Risotto Rice
- 150g/5oz Peeled butternut squash.. Dice the Squash
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 30g/1oz Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese. Finely grated
- 1 - Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan or saucepan with Fry Light. Add the red onion, garlic and chilli and cook gently for 2-3minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2 - Increase the heat to medium and add the rice to the onion mixture with the chopped butternut squash. Stir in a ladleful of the hot stock.
- 3 - Continue to cook in this manner, adding a ladleful of boiling stock as soon as each addition of liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly. It is essential that the stock is boiling hot as it is added, or the rice will not cook properly. Add the stock in this way until the squash and rice are creamy and Al dente. Season, stir in the parsley and remove from the heat.
- 4 - Ladle into warmed deep plate and sprinkle with grated parmesan or pecorino cheese. serve immediately, with a rocket salad on the side.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers of lean bacon (reduced salt). rind removed. diced
- 1 onion. peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 clove of garlic. peeled and finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 350g risotto rice
- 1 litre hot fresh vegetable stock
- Peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds and cut into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the onion and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the butternut squash, thyme and garlic, and cook for another minute or so until everything is coated and glossy.
- Add the rice to the saucepan, stir and then add one-third of the stock. Continue to stir until it has been absorbed, then add the next third, stir until absorbed, and then add the remaining third.
- Season well and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Recipe courtesy of http://nutritionandfitness.axappphealthcare.co.uk
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small butternut squash
- 250g risotto rice
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 30g parmesan cheese (grated)
- handful sage leaves (roughly chopped)
- 2 handfuls frozen king prawns
- 1) Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes until softened.
- 2) Add the rice and fry for 1 minute. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3) Add the butternut squash and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4) Add the king prawns and cook gently for 3-4 minutes until the prawns are heated through.
- 5) Turn off the heat and stir in the parmesan and sage.