Butternut squash soup recipes
Our top 3 of 30 Butternut squash soup recipes
- Thai Butternut Squash Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Spicy Butternut Sqash Soup
- Most recent
- View all 30 variations
Thai Butternut Squash Soup
by samsamViewed 2397 times
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Place the butternut squash on a non-stick baking tray and season. Roast for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium pan and add the onion, chilli and ginger. Cover and saute, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the butternut squash, stock and coconut milk. Cover and bring to the boil, then allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Puree the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return to the pan, season to taste and reheat gently, adding a little more stock or boiling water for a thinner consistency if required.
I have found the best thai red chilli paste for this recipe to be barts. If you do not want it too spicy do not add the chilli.
- 1kg Butternut Squash, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 1 Onion rough chopped
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 2cm cubed Root ginger grated
- 4tsp Thai red curry paste
- 400ml Vegetable stock
- 400ml Coconut milk (low fat)
- 1 Chilli, chopped
Butternut Squash Soup
by TedwinViewed 327 times
- Warm the butter or margarine in a saucepan on a medium to high heat not browning the butter or marg.
- Now add the butternut squash (not peeled just cleaned and deseeded and cubed) carrots, leeks, onion, clove, thyme, bay leaf, garlic, and cook for 10mins with the lid on turning the veg from time to time.
- After 10 mins add the stock and potatoes bring to the boil turn down and simmer for 45mins with the lid on.
- Remove from the heat and place the soup into a blender with a tablespoon of flour and blend until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and stir in the 200ml of milk and bring to a slow boil and turn down add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 5 mins and serve.
- 40g Butter or margarine
- 500g Butternut squash
- 50g Carrots (chopped)
- 80g Leeks. sliced
- 50g Onion chopped
- 1 Clove crushed
- ¼ Teaspoon thyme dried
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Cloves of garlic. crushed
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 150g Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of flour
- 200ml milk
- to taste Salt and pepper
Spicy Butternut Sqash Soup
by ianbillingtonViewed 36 times
- Peel and chop everything
- Dissolve the stock cubes into the water
- Add everything into a large stock pot or saucepan
- Bring everything to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or so until everything is tender and then liquidise and serve
If you want to turned this into a vegetarian soup, substitute for vegetable stock cubes
- 1 butternut squash deseeded peeled and cubed
- 2 Tsp cumin powder
- 1 Pint Water
- 2 chicken stock cube
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 Red Chilli (to your own taste)
Chestnut & Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
by yasminaViewed 24 times
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- 2. Peel the butternut squash, halve and remove the seeds. Cut into large wedges and place in a large roasting tin with the onion and garlic.
- 3. Add the rosemary, salt, pepper and olive oil, toss together and roast for around 25 minutes until golden and softened.
- 4. Place in a blender with the chestnuts and any roasting juices from the pan. Blitz, adding the stock a little at a time, until smooth.
- 5. Tip into a saucepan, add the remaining stock if necessary and bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6. Season to taste and serve with a drizzle of cream or dollop of crème fraîche.
- 12 chestnuts, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 littres vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste