Cabbage soup recipes
Our top 3 of 3 Cabbage soup recipes
- 1 cabbage, shredded
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 tbsp Onion Granules
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- boiling water
- Easiest soup ever.
- Just boil some water (how much you use depends on how much water:cabbage you want.
- Whilst that's boiling, finely shred your cabbage.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water then chuck the cabbage in and boil for 5 mins.
- Add the onion granules, salt and pepper. Serve. Easy!
Blend the soup. Bring it with you in a flask to drink all day. It produces no calories. If you are doing it alone you may want to make 1/2 quantity to preserve freshness. You will need to make the soup a few times in the week.
- 6 Large onions
- 6 Cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Cabbage chopped
- 2 Green peppers chopped
- 2 Envelopes Onion soup mix
- 1 Stalk Celery chopped
- 4 Carrots peeled and sliced
- Seasoning to taste
- Soy Sauce (light) to taste
- Cut vegetables in pieces. Cover with water and boil for an hour. Add soy sauce if you wish. Whenever you feel hungry just eat as much as possible. The more you eat the faster you lose weight!
- 1st DAY: All fruits (except bananas). Eat as much as you want. If you like melons and cantaloupes eat as many as you desire, for their calories are so low that if you eat only that , you will lose 3 pounds in a day.
- 2nd DAY: All vegetables. Eat as many as you want,
- either cooked or raw. Try to stay away from peas, corn and beans.
- 3rd DAY : All fruits and vegetables (except bananas and potatoes)
- 4th Day: Bananas and Milk. Eat up to 8 bananas and drink up to 8 glasses of 2% milk. Bananas are made of calories, carbohydrates and calcium.
- 5th DAY: Beef and tomatoes. You can eat up to 6 tomatoes and 10 to 12 oz. or beef. Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water during the day to clear your system of the acid.
- 6th DAY: Beef and vegetables. Eat as much as you wish and as many vegetables as you wish (except potatoes).
- 7th DAY: Brown rice, vegetables fruit, fruit juice (sugarless)
- Eat and and drink as much as you like of coffee or tea (black) for all days.
- 1 large can Tomato soup
- 1 Green cabbage head
- 3 bunches Green onion (or 2 med. Onions)
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Caraway seed
- 1 tsp. Mustard seed
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- to taste Salt & pepper
- 0.25 cup Vegetable oil
- OPTIONAL ITEMS TO INCLUDE
- Shredded cooked chicken meat. Turkey Kielbasas.Diced tomatoes
- 1. Cut cabbage in half and remove core. Slice/chop into thin strips. Set aside.
- 2. Cut the green onion's white bottoms into 1 inch segments and the tops into ½ inch portions. Toss both into heavy pot with vegetable oil.
- 3. Dice garlic and add to pot. Fry over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 4. Add cabbage to pot and stir well occasionally for 3 minutes. Add more oil if necessary.
- 5. Add in thyme, mustard and caraway seeds and raise flame to high heat. Stir 1 minute only.
- 6. Add tomato soup and the required amount of water that the can's directions state.
- 7. Cover & lower heat once it boils. Let simmer until cabbage is soft (approx. 30-40 minutes).
- 8. If using chicken, add it 10 minutes before cabbage reaches final stage.
- **Note: This dish is meant to be thick and hearty, like a stew. If you desire a more soup like meal than add extra tomato soup & water. You may also wish to add some chicken bullion to thin out the tomato taste, but take care to watch the salt taste of the dish. You may also wish to substitute diced or sliced white onions in place of the green onions.
- Turkey Kielbasa or Chicken is a great addition. Steps 2 and 3 do not need frying. You may just cut the garlic, onions & cabbage and mix directly with soup. This will make the "broth" more flavored with onion as frying cuts down the ability to influence.