Cajun chicken recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Cajun chicken recipes
- Easy Cajun Chicken with Sweetcorn & Rice
- Chicken with Mild Cajun Sauce
- Cajun Griddled Chicken
- Most recent
- View all
Easy Cajun Chicken with Sweetcorn & Rice
by LeenieViewed 2855 times
- 1. Rub the entire contents of the Cajun spice mix jar over the chicken thighs, top and bottom, then set aside to infuse whilst you are pre-heating the oven.
- 2. Pre-heat oven to 200C. Once pre-heated, put chicken thighs skin side up in a roasting tin (no need for oil as they will release own oil).
- Close oven door and set timer for 20 minutes.
- Once timer has gone off, boil enough water to cover rice bags and place rice into water, crumble 2 Chicken Oxo cubes into the water, boil rice according to packet instructions (usually 18-20 minutes).
- Nearing the end of the cooking time, boil your kettle and crumble a chicken oxo cube into a jug and make up a chicken style gravy (you will probably only need a mugs worth of water, this is just to drizzle over the rice).
- Quickly heat up the sweetcorn in a pan on the hob in the juice contents of the tin.
- Drain rice and place into a mixing bowl, add in cooked sweetcorn plus juices and mix to combine.
- Dish up rice/sweetcorn mix into bowls and pour over gravy juice.
- Take chicken out of oven (total cooking time should be 35-40 minutes).
- Place 2-3 thighs on top of the rice and serve immediately.
- 2-3 CHICKEN THIGHS PER PERSON
- 2-3 boil in a bag White Rice
- 3 Cubes Chicken Oxo
- Enough Boiling Water to cover rice bags
- 1 Tin Green Giant Sweetcorn
- 1 Jar Schwartz Cajun Spice Mix
Chicken with Mild Cajun Sauce
by nicolaViewed 1396 times
- Slice the chicken breats into thin strips and fry them in olive oil and a touch of white wine. Finely slice the onion and red pepper into strips and fry them seperately.
- Pour the double cream into a pan and grate parmesan cheese into it along with the cajun seasoning, stir well and leave to heat (not for too long as the cream will curdle)
- When the chicken breasts are cooked add the onion and peppers and pour the sauce over the top. Leave to heat for a few minutes and mix it all together.
- Ready to serve!
Goes perfect with rice, usually i add a teaspoon of butter to my rice to make it taste extra dilicious.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Onion peeled and sliced
- Parmesan cheese. freshly grated
- double cream
- White wine
- Cajun seasoning
Cajun Griddled Chicken
by tf82Viewed 162 times
- 1. put the chicken breasts in a bowl with the oil, and cajun seasoning and allow to marinate for 5mins. mix together avocados, spring onion, pepper, corriander and seasoning. add lime juice to taste, cover and chill until you are ready to serve.
- 2. heat a griddle pan and cook the chicken breasts for 5mins on each side. slice into pieces and serve with the guacamole and wedges of warm tortilla.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 avocados, flesh mashed with a fork
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 lime, juice
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp cajun seasoning
by hazelc3Viewed 1515 times
- For the marinade
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, mix well.
- Add the chicken breasts to the marinade and leave for around 3 hours in the fridge.
- Cook on a hot griddle or barbecue for approximately 20 minutes (10 minutes each side). Check food is cooked thoroughly before serving.
- Serve with salad and rice.
- 4 skinless. boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dark Muscavado Sugar
- 2 tsp Hot Paprika or Cajun Seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic. crushed
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Black Pepper