Cajun chicken recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Cajun chicken recipes
- Easy Cajun Chicken with Sweetcorn & Rice
- Chicken with Mild Cajun Sauce
- Cajun Chicken
- Recent recipes
- View all
- 2-3 CHICKEN THIGHS PER PERSON
- 2-3 boil in a bag White Rice
- 3 Cubes Chicken Oxo
- Enough Boiling Water to cover rice bags
- 1 Tin Green Giant Sweetcorn
- 1 Jar Schwartz Cajun Spice Mix
- 1. Rub the entire contents of the Cajun spice mix jar over the chicken thighs, top and bottom, then set aside to infuse whilst you are pre-heating the oven.
- 2. Pre-heat oven to 200C. Once pre-heated, put chicken thighs skin side up in a roasting tin (no need for oil as they will release own oil).
- Close oven door and set timer for 20 minutes.
- Once timer has gone off, boil enough water to cover rice bags and place rice into water, crumble 2 Chicken Oxo cubes into the water, boil rice according to packet instructions (usually 18-20 minutes).
- Nearing the end of the cooking time, boil your kettle and crumble a chicken oxo cube into a jug and make up a chicken style gravy (you will probably only need a mugs worth of water, this is just to drizzle over the rice).
- Quickly heat up the sweetcorn in a pan on the hob in the juice contents of the tin.
- Drain rice and place into a mixing bowl, add in cooked sweetcorn plus juices and mix to combine.
- Dish up rice/sweetcorn mix into bowls and pour over gravy juice.
- Take chicken out of oven (total cooking time should be 35-40 minutes).
- Place 2-3 thighs on top of the rice and serve immediately.
Goes perfect with rice, usually i add a teaspoon of butter to my rice to make it taste extra dilicious.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Onion peeled and sliced
- Parmesan cheese. freshly grated
- double cream
- White wine
- Cajun seasoning
- Slice the chicken breats into thin strips and fry them in olive oil and a touch of white wine. Finely slice the onion and red pepper into strips and fry them seperately.
- Pour the double cream into a pan and grate parmesan cheese into it along with the cajun seasoning, stir well and leave to heat (not for too long as the cream will curdle)
- When the chicken breasts are cooked add the onion and peppers and pour the sauce over the top. Leave to heat for a few minutes and mix it all together.
- Ready to serve!
- 4 skinless. boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dark Muscavado Sugar
- 2 tsp Hot Paprika or Cajun Seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic. crushed
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- For the marinade
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, mix well.
- Add the chicken breasts to the marinade and leave for around 3 hours in the fridge.
- Cook on a hot griddle or barbecue for approximately 20 minutes (10 minutes each side). Check food is cooked thoroughly before serving.
- Serve with salad and rice.