Cake icing recipes
Our top 3 of 13 Cake icing recipes
- 80gm (3oz) Butter
- 225gm (8oz) Icing Sugar
- 3 dessertsp Milk
- Mix all together until creamy.
- This is enough to cover a 7" cake.
- Use double quantities except for the milk to cover a larger cake.
- 8oz Icing Sugar
- 3oz Butter
- 2 tblsp Milk
- few drops Vanilla essence
- This is SO easy to make. Sift icing sugar and add butter and milk and essence and blend - see I told you it was easy
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 400g butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 100ml water
- 50g bitter chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 5 large eggs
- 1. Separate the eggs and put the egg whites into the mixing bowl.
- 2. Put 250g of sugar into a saucepan with the water and let it boil - but make sure it doesnt crystalise - boil till it gets to 244F
- 3. While it is boiling whisk the egg whites with the remailing 50g of sugar and a1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- 4. Slowly pour the syrup into the egg whites and continue to beat on high speed for about 5 mins then add the butter.
- 5. Melt the chocolate and leave to cool. Add this to the icing mixture with the cocoa for chocolate icing