Our top 3 of 4 Canapes recipes
- Canapes (Crostini)
- Cocktail Party Canapes
- Penguin Canapes (perfect Christmas canapes!)
- Most recent
- View all
by SportyViewed 11187 times
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- 2. Cut the french bread into 1 inch slices.
- 3. Spread the olive oil and garlic over the surface of the baking tray.
- 4. Place the bread on top of the oil and turn them over so that both sides are lightly coated.
- 5. Bake them for 10-15 mins.
- 6. For the topping, peel the rind off the goats' cheese, then cut the cheese into eight pieces.
- 7. Place all the ingredients, including the reserved oil from the canned tuna, into a liquidiser and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- 8. Don't spread the breads with the mixture until the last minute, though, or the bread loses some of its crispness. Keep it in the fridge.
- 9. You can decorated with some olives.
- You can use the canapé base and add different toppings - parma ham, tapanade, pesto etc.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 2 French Bread (baugette)
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves. crushed
- 8oz Goats Cheese
- 8oz Tuna in oil drained
- 2 tbsp Capers. drained
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese. grated
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
Cocktail Party Canapes
by sarah conryViewed 41091 times
- RECIPE 1: Goats Cheese Crostini
- (These are More-ish, peeps wolf em down!):
- - 1 thin baguette (works much better if baguette is relatively thin)
- - Butter (Half a slab!)
- - Goats Cheese (2 thin rolls of it)
- - Sun dried tomato pesto or basil pesto
- - Red peppers or basil leaves
- I usually use half the baguette for sun dried tomato crostinis & the other half for basil pesto crostini:
- - Cut baguette into slices about 1 inch thick
- - Cut Goats Cheese roll into thin slices
- - Melt butter in micro wave
- - Dip baguette slices in butter to coat both sides & place on a baking dish lined with tinfoil
- - Spread half the butter coated baguette slices with Sun dried tomato pesto & spread the other half with basil pesto
- - Place a slice of goats cheese on each one
- - Place a basil leaf on each basil pesto crostini
- - Place 2 lil slices of red pepper in the shape of lips on each sundried tomato crostini
- - Bake in oven at 200 degrees for 10 – 15 mins (until goats cheese is golden colour & bread is crisped)
- - Leave to cool a bit then serve to guests!
- RECIPE 2: Jazzed up cheese n chutney cocktail Sausages:
- Cocktail sausages are a simple canapé which everybody loves – but if you don't want to be boring you can jazz them up ever so slightly to taste even nicer:
- - Cheddar
- - Mango Chutney
- - Cocktail sausages
- - Cook the cocktail sausages as normal
- - 5 mins before sausages are ready, take them out of the oven. Slit each one down the middle & stuff with cheddar cheese & chutney
- - Cook for a further 5 – 10 mins
- - Serve!
- RECIPE 3: Cherry tomato, marinated feta and basil skewers:
- - Feta cheese (enough to make 40 squares)
- - Olive oil
- - Oregano
- - black pepper
- - 40 cherry tomatoes
- - Fresh Basil
- - Cocktail Sticks
- - Cut the feta into 40 even squares
- - Grate the lemon to get the zest
- - Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the lemon zest, a bit of oregano & a bit of pepper together
- - Pour over feta squares & leave to marinate for a few hours
- - Once feta is marinated, make pretty lil skewers with cherry tomato, feta & a lil basil leaf so it looks like a lil sail of a boat on the top
- - These are now ready to serve but you can make a pretty centre piece by covering a cabbage with tinfoil then sticking all of the skewers into the cabbage
- RECIPE 4: Asparagus & Parma ham wraps:
- - Asparagus spears (2 for each wrap you want to make)
- - Parma Ham (1 for each wrap you want to make)
- - Philadelphia cheese
- - Olive Oil
- - Salt
- - Put olive oil & salt in a bowl & mix asparagus spears in it
- - Chargrill asparagus in a wok or, even better, a griddle pan for 3 or 4 mins
- - Leave asparagus to cool
- - Put a bit of Philadelphia cheese near the edge of each parma ham slice & place 2 asparagus spears ontop then roll so that you are wrapping the asparagus & Philadelphia in the parma ham
- RECIPE 5: Mojito Cocktail
- - 1 part rum
- - 3 parts soda
- - A handful of mint leaves
- - Half a lime
- - 3 teaspoons of brown sugar
- - Put mint leaves, sugar & lime in a glass & crush with a pestle (or something similar!)
- - Add Rum
- - Top off with soda
- - Garnish with mint leaves or lime
3 CommentsAdd comment
- CANAPE 1
- 2 rolls goats cheese
- sun dried tomatoe pesto
- red peppers
- basil leaves
- thin baguette
- CANAPE 2
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cocktail sausages
- Mango Chutney
- CANAPE 3
- (enough to make 40 squares) Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil
- black pepper
- 40 Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- cocktail sticks
- CANAPE 4 ASPARAGUS & PARMA HAM
- 2 for each wrap Asparagus spears
- 1 slice per wrap Parma Ham
- Philadelphia cheese
- Olive Oil
Penguin Canapes (perfect Christmas canapes!)
by CampoViewed 14184 times
- Note: use larger olives for the bodies and smaller ones for the heads.
- To make the body:
- Slit a large olive and fill with cream cheese - the easiest way is to pipe it in. When full, use a knife to smooth over level with edges of olive.
- To make feet and beak:
- Cut a thin triangle out of a carrot slice by making two cuts from the edge of the carrot to the centre. The large piece left is the feet and the traingle is the beak.
- To make the head:
- Make a slit in a small olive and gently ease the wide end of the beak into the slit. If your carrot slice is too thick the olive will split open, so you may need to trim the wide end of the beak (this is the trickiest part!).
- To complete:
- Rest the body on the feet, place the head on the body and then feed a cocktail stick at a slight backwards angle through the top of the head, the body and into the feet. This holds your finished canape in place.
- To serve:
- They look good on a stainless steel or white base as it gives the impression of ice/snow.
- To store:
- Keep in fridge until you serve them - they can be made the night before, but make sure they don't dry out so keep in airtight container or wrap well with cling film.
5 CommentsAdd comment
- Large jar Black olives
- 250g Tub Cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 2 Carrots. peeled and sliced into circles
- A pack Cocktail sticks
Roast Chicken Canapes
by AshbyViewed 2256 times
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. Slice up the bread and place the slices on oven trays.
- 3. Spread with oil. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden.
- 4. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. Make horseradish mayonnaise: combine mayonnaise, horseradish cream and mustard in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Top each bread slice with roast chicken. Dollop with horseradish mayonnaise and top with roasted pepper. Season with pepper. Serve immediately.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 12 Baguette bread
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 300g Sliced roast chicken, cut into strips
- 6 Roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- HORSERADISH MAYONNAISE
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Horseradish cream
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard