Our top 3 of 10 Cannelloni recipes
- Cannelloni Al Forno
- Butternut Squash & Watercress Cannelloni
- Tomato and Cheese Cannelloni
- Recent recipes
- View all 10 variations
- 1lb Cooked chicken breast
- 8oz Mushrooms
- 2cloves Garlic,crushed
- 2tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- 1tbsp Chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 Egg beaten
- Fresh lemon juice
- 12-18 Cannelloni tubes
- 16fl oz ready-made tomato sauce
- 2oz Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1sprig Fresh parsley to garnish
- 1)preheat oven to gas 6.place the chicken in a blender or food processor and blend until finely minced.transfer to a bowl.
- 2)place the mushrooms,garlic,parsley and tarragon in the food processor and blend until finely minced.
- 3)beat the mushroom mixture into the chicken mixture thoroughly,then add the egg and lemon juice to taste and mix together well.
- 4)if necessary,cook the cannelloni in plenty of boiling water according to the instructions,then drain well on a clean dish towel.
- 5)place the filling in a piping bag fitted with a large plain nozzle.use this to fill each tube of cannelloni once they are cool enough to handle.
- 6)lay the filled cannelloni tightly together in a single layer in a buttered ovenproof dish.spoon over the tomato sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until brown an bubbling.serve garnished with a sprig of parsley.
Butternut Squash & Watercress Cannelloni
by Mustard Communications
Views 2318, Added Tue Apr 7 2009
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 675g butternut squash, washed and deseeded
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 2 bags watercress, roughly chopped
- 25g toasted pinenuts
- 100g gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 pack fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 jar passata with basil
- 50g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and sauté over a medium heat for 6 mins or until pale golden. Meanwhile, cut the unpeeled butternut squash into 3-4cm cubes. Add the garlic and squash to the pan and cook for 1 min.
- 2. Add sage, wine and stock. Season well with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and simmer for 20mins or until the squash is tender. Drain off any excess liquid and reserve. Use a fork to lightly mash the squash, stir in the watercress, gorgonzola and half the parmesan cheese the pine nuts. Set aside.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 200c/fan 180C/gas Mark 6. Lay the lasagne sheets out on the work surface and divide the squash mixture evenly placing it in a line at the end of each sheet of lasagne. Now roll up each sheet of lasagne to make a neat cannelloni roll then place seam side down in a a greased ovenproof dish.
- 4. When all the rolls are in the dish, pour over the passata, scatter over the remaining cheese and pinenuts. Bake for 25-30mins or until golden and the pasta is tender. Serve hot with a watercress salad.
- 300g fresh spinach. washed and drained
- 300g ricotta cheese
- 50g Parmesan cheese. freshly grated
- 1 egg
- 1 can Heinz Tomato Soup
- 12 sheets fresh lasagna sheets
- 250g cherry tomatoes. halved
- ¼ tsp. basil
- ¼ tsp. parsley
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4). Put the spinach in a large pan over a high heat and turn it occasionally until it wilts. Put it into a sieve and press out as much water as possible.
- 2. Soften the cheese in a bowl, add half the Parmesan, the egg, some seasoning. Chop the spinach and stir it into the cheese.
- 3. Mix the soup with 200ml (7 fl oz) warm water and pour about a third of it into the dish.
- 4. Lay the pasta sheets out on the work surface, divide the filling between them, roll them up and arrange fairly tightly packed in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- 5. Pour the rest of the sauce over and place the tomatoes, cut side up, on top. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Take off the foil, sprinkle with the rest Parmesan and bake another 15 minutes until the top browns. Serve with salad and bread.
- Note: Prepare the dish ready for baking up to 24 hours before required as long as it is covered and kept chilled.
- If using dried lasagne sheets, cook in a large pan of boiling water for 4 minutes until softened. Remove from pan and place in a bowl of cold water.