Our top 3 of 23 Carbonara recipes
- Tamzin's Yummy Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Low-fat Carbonara
- Most recent
- View all 23 variations
Tamzin's Yummy Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
by Tamzin WolfsonViewed 10326 times
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook it "al dente"(until tender yet firm).
- 2. Heat the olive oil in a deep large pan over medium flame.
- 3. Add the pancetta and saute for about 3 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the fat is rendered.
- 4. Beat the eggs and Parmesan together in a mixing bowl, stirring well to prevent lumps.
- 5. Drain the pasta (reserving 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water to use in the sauce) add the hot, drained spaghetti to the pan and toss for 2 minutes to coat the strands in the bacon fat.
- 6. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the egg/cheese mixture into the pasta, whisking quickly until the eggs thicken, but do not scramble (this is done off the heat to ensure this does not happen.)
- 7. Thin out the sauce with a bit of the reserved pasta water, until it reaches creamy consistency - this is a fundamental secret!!!!!
- 8. Season the carbonara with freshly ground black pepper.
- 9. Pass more cheese around the table and ENJOY THE MEAL!!
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 200 gr Pancetta or bacon cubed or sliced
- 1 tblsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 cup Fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano and Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 Freshly ground black pepper
- 350 gr Dry spaghetti
by jonnysta13Viewed 11367 times
- Boil spaghetti in boiling water with salt and a drizzle of oil for 20 mins or until aldente.15 minutes later fry the bacon in olive oil and crush the garlic into the pan, cook until bacon is nice and crisp.Take the pan off the heat and hopefully by this time the pasta should be ready.Drain the pasta in a colander.Then place the drained pasta back in the pan and add the bacon with all the extra juices.Stir in well.Then pour in the beaten eggs and stir in well, try to avoid placing the pan back on the heat because the egg starts to scrambble.Then pour in cream.Add a drizzle of olive oil (optional) and parmasan cheese (optional)and place in a preheated serving bowl.Enjoy!!
Serve with a french baguette and salad.and a glass of white Italian wine.
6 CommentsAdd comment
- 2oz per person Spagetti or any other Pasta
- 6 pieces Bacon Rashers. Chopped
- 2 table spoons Olive Oli
- 2 garlic clove
- 5 Eggs
- 5 Eggs - beaten
- 140ml double cream
- Parmesan (optional)
by iskraViewed 3395 times
- 1. preheat oven to Gas mark 4
- 2. lay parma ham on baking tray and crisp for around 10mins
- 3. meanwhile, warm the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the onion, garlic and parsley
- 4. fry for 5-10mins until the mixture is soft and golden, then remove from heat
- 5. meanwhile, cook the pasta. Drain well and add to pan with onion mixture
- 6. in a large bowl, whisk the egges, egg yolk, creme fraiche and cheese together.
- 7. add to the pasta in the pan, stirring unitl the heat of the pasta has cooked the mixture
- 8. crumble the crispy parma ham into the pasta and garnish with fresh parsley
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 3 slices parma ham
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garilc (peeled and finely chopped)
- handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 300g wholewheat spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp ½-fat creme fraiche
- 4 tbsp quark cheese
by niccarlyonViewed 264 times
- 1 heat the oil in a large source-pan add chicken and bacon stir till chicken all white draining excess liquid
- 2 add mushrooms, onion and garlic cook till chicken is starts to go's golden then remove from pan place in colander in bowl
- 3 melt butter on low heat add white wine and simmer for 5 minutes then let cool wile mixing eggs Creme Fraiche and Parmesan cheese
- 4 boil the egg tagliatelle cook by the instructions
- 5 add colander contents back to the pan stir now stir in creme fraiche mix heat on low heat stirring constantly
- 6 drain egg tagliatelle add to the pan and stir to cover and server with Parmesan sprinkles over the top
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 onion chopped
- 150g mushrooms sliced
- 150g bacon. chopped
- 200g chicken breast. cubed
- 50g Butter
- 2 garlic cloves. crushed
- 600g Creme Fraiche
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g parmesan cheese. grated
- 1tbsp Oil
- 187ml White wine
- 300g egg tagliatelle